Fond Wiki - What is the fond?
Stock is a flavored liquid preparation. It forms the basis of many dishes, particularly soups, stews and sauces. Making stocks involves simmering animal bones or meat, seafood, or vegetables in water or wine, adding mirepoix or other aromatics for more flavor..
What does the word fond mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word fond in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with fond and anagrams of fond.
Definitions of "fond"
- Having a strong liking, inclination, or affection: fond of ballet; fond of my nieces and nephews. adjective
- Affectionate; tender: a fond embrace. adjective
- Immoderately affectionate or indulgent; doting: fond grandparents who tended to spoil the child. adjective
- Cherished; dear: my fondest hopes. adjective
- Archaic Naively credulous or foolish. adjective
- The background of a design in lace. noun
- Having a liking or affection (for). adjective
- Affectionate. adjective
- Indulgent. adjective
- Outlandish; foolish; silly. adjective
- The background design in lace-making. noun
- To have a foolish affection for, to be fond of. verb
- imp. of find. Found.
- Foolish; silly; simple; weak. adjective
- Foolishly tender and loving; weakly indulgent; over-affectionate. adjective
- Affectionate; loving; tender; -- in a good sense. adjective
- Loving; much pleased; affectionately regardful, indulgent, or desirous; longing or yearning; -- followed by of (formerly also by on). adjective
- Doted on; regarded with affection. adjective
- Trifling; valued by folly; trivial. adjective
The word "fond" in example sentences
Alas, I have no dowry to give you, save the blessing of your dear old -- your dear fond, _fond_ father, _ (kisses her forehead) _ But only obey me in this, and Lady Fortune will smile on us all -- smile -- _smile_.. [Oh! Susannah! A Farcical Comedy in Three Acts]
While I have no doubt that _au fond ... au fond_ he is a charming boy, quite charming, at present he is -- shall I say?. [The Little Nugget]
V. ii.199 (334,4) a kind of yesty collection, which carries them through and through the most fond and winnowed opinions] [W: most fann'd] This is a very happy emendation; but I know not why the critic should suppose that _fond_ was printed for _fann'd_ in consequence of any reason or reflection.. [Notes to Shakespeare, Volume III: The Tragedies]
He has and always will remain fond of the fans in Minnesota.. [Vikings plan to release Randy Moss]
Probably the one of which I'm most fond is the barber Floyd Bone, who first makes his appearance in chapter 2:. [Fan Fiction Update]
I call her fond names, and make the sign of the cross over it every night.. [The Insulted and the Injured]
In French cooking, a stock is called the fond de cuisine, the foundation of cooking.. [THE TANTE MARIE’S COOKING SCHOOL COOKBOOK]
John smiled at her in fond thanks – the wife who hindered him by no selfishness or weakness, but was his right hand and support in everything.. [John Halifax, Gentleman]
He went from London into Gloucestershire to my sister who was very ill, and his youngest girl, of which he was very fond, is since dead.. [Letters from Dorothy Osborne to Sir William Temple (1652-54)]
She has these here things they call fond memories, and maybe a lock of hair and a corset steel that he broke, treasured up.. [Heart of the West [Annotated]]
I think I know Clarence Hervey's character au fin fond, and I could lead him where I pleased: but don't be alarmed, my dear; you know I can't lead him into matrimony.. [Belinda]
I've got to say that I'm really not fond of translating the Greek word "hagios" as. [Conservapedia - Recent changes [en]]
This is the stuff the French call fond, though growing up in my family, we called it "crispy," and fought over who'd get to scrape it off the bottom of the roasting pan.. [Susie Middleton: The Meat-Eaters Guide to Eating Less Meat]
This is the stuff the French call fond, though growing up in my family, we called it \ "crispy, \" and fought over who\'d get to scrape it off the bottom of the roasting pan.. [Susie Middleton: The Meat-Eaters Guide to Eating Less Meat]
A stainless steel pan is nice because it forms the fond aka the crispy bits at the bottom of the pan in a manner that no nonstick pan can compete with.. [Get This At Your Farmers Market This Weekend | Seattle Metblogs]
Now, no, I can't read him but my memories remain fond.. [Keeping the unicorns at bay]
Fond TranslatesFond English to Turkish Translate
(s). deli, meraklı, düşkün. fond of seven, âşık. fondly (z). şefkatle, sevgiyle, muhabbetle. fondness (i). sevgi, merak, iptilâ, düşkünlük.(s). deli, meraklı, düşkün. fond of seven, âşık. fondly (z). şefkatle, sevgiyle, muhabbetle. fondness (i). sevgi, merak, iptilâ, düşkünlük.