Format Wiki - What is the format?
What does the word format mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word format in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with format and anagrams of format.
Definitions of "format"
- A plan for the organization and arrangement of a specified production. noun
- The material form or layout of a publication. noun
- Computer Science The arrangement of data for storage or display. noun
- Computer Science A method for achieving such an arrangement. noun
- To plan or arrange in a specified form: They formatted the conference so that each speaker had less than 15 minutes to deliver a paper. verb-transitive
- Computer Science To divide (a disk) into marked sectors so that it may store data. verb-transitive
- Computer Science To determine the arrangement of (data) for storage or display. verb-transitive
- The layout of a document. noun
- The form of presentation of something. noun
- A file type. noun
- To create or edit the layout of a document. verb
- Change a document so it will fit onto a different type of page. verb
- To prepare a mass storage medium for initial use, erasing any existing data in the process. verb
- The shape and size of a book or other printed publication; hence, its external form. noun
- the arrangement of the parts of a printed page, such as text and graphics. noun
- The pattern of organization of information in an electronic storage medium, such as the number and size of records, or the size, spacing, or separation symbols for fields in a record. A computer file, for example, may be in fixed-length format, in which each field or record occupies the same number of bytes, or in variable-length format, in which the lengths of fields or records varies. The number of formats are unlimited, being specifiable at will by programmers or in some cases by the users of programs. noun
- The general organization, form, or plan for anything, such as an organized social, political, or entertainment event. noun
- to set into a specific format; -- of printed matter or data recorded on a data soorage medium. verb-transitive
- In printing, the shape and size of a book, as, for example, duodecimo, octavo, quarto, folio, etc. noun