Fourth Wiki - What is the fourth?
Fourth is the ordinal form of the number four. Four (number), the ordinal number following third A fraction (mathematics), one quarter or ¼, equal to 0.25 The Fourth of July, United States Independence Day, colloquially referred to as The Fourth The Fourth, a 2016 short film .
What does the word fourth mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word fourth in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with fourth and anagrams of fourth.
Definitions of "fourth"
- The ordinal number matching the number four in a series. noun
- One of four equal parts. noun
- Music A tone four degrees above or below a given tone in a diatonic scale. noun
- Music The interval between two such tones. noun
- Music The harmonic combination of these tones. noun
- Music The subdominant of a scale or key. noun
- The transmission gear or gear ratio used to produce forward speeds next higher to those of third in a motor vehicle. noun
- The Fourth of July; Independence Day. Used with the: went to a parade on the Fourth. noun
- The ordinal form of the number four. adjective
- The person or thing in the fourth position. noun
- A quarter, one of four equal parts of a whole. noun
- The fourth gear of an engine. noun
- A musical interval which spans four degrees of the diatonic scale, for example C to F (C D E F). noun
- Next in order after the third; the ordinal of four. adjective
- Forming one of four equal parts into which anything may be divided. adjective
- One of four equal parts into which one whole may be divided; the quotient of a unit divided by four. noun
- The interval of two tones and a semitone, embracing four diatonic degrees of the scale; the subdominant of any key. noun
- One coming next in order after the third. noun
- Next after the third: an ordinal numeral.
The word "fourth" in example sentences
Thus, 104603 means that we place a pig in the first row of the _first_ column, in no row of the _second_ column, in the fourth row of the _third_ column, in the sixth row of the _fourth_ column, in no row of the _fifth_ column, and in the third row of the. [The Canterbury Puzzles And Other Curious Problems]
The term fourth estate is frequently attributed to the nineteenth century historian Carlyle, though he himself seems to have attributed it to Edmund Burke: Burke said there were Three Estates in Parliament; but, in the Reporters 'Gallery yonder, there sat a Fourth Estate more important than they all.. [THE FOURTH POWER AND THE RISE OF YELLOW JOURNALISM]
Thus far we have treated of the meaning of the term fourth dimension as it is used in mathematics.. [The Fourth Dimension Simply Explained]
BP has repeatedly promised to pay all "legitimate claims" for loss and damage as a result of the Gulf oil spill, now vying for the title fourth biggest oil spill in history at 2.3 million barrels of crude over the past two months.. [Libertarian Blog Place]
I also have a room where three walls are pale lavender and the fourth is a dark wine red.. [mrissa: "What makes a man turn neutral?"]
There was what we called a "fourth wall" — you never got to be a part of the process.. [The Voice (and Former TRL) Host Carson Daly: The Founding Father of Social TV?]
Decades ago, Hassell coined the term fourth world music to describe his sound, that's both primitive and futuristic.. [Trumpeter Jon Hassell's 'Fourth World' Music]
And the fourth is the attractiveness of our country -- ensuring that people and companies want to come here, stay here, and grow here.. [Assuring Canada's Place in the Transforming Global Economy]
Principals and teachers around the country are growing increasingly concerned with what they call the fourth-grade slump.. [Fourth-Grade Slump]
Practically speaking, the top three make the team and the fourth is an alternate.. [USATODAY.com]
(Soundbite of music) HANSEN: Trumpeter Jon Hassell began to create what he dubbed fourth-world music in the 1970s.. ['Fourth World' Music from Hassell's 'Maarifa Street']
We can run the score up against anybody, and then get our asses kicked in the second half -- what they call fourth generation warfare.. [Thomas Barnett draws a new map for peace]
The portales (sidewalk cafes ringing three sides of the zocalo; the fourth is the State government building) are jammed with celebrants.. [The calm amid the storm]
And indeed that which we called the fourth statement, that is the manifestation of the Spirit in the bestowal of what is profitable, has. [NPNF2-09. Hilary of Poitiers, John of Damascus]
Lukens  finds in his studies of drawing, that in what he calls his fourth period of artistic development, there are those "who during adolescence experience a rebirth of creative power.". [Youth: Its Education, Regimen, and Hygiene]
The three are fitly conjoined: the call, the glory to which we are called, and the way (suffering); the fourth is the ground of the calling, namely, the grace of God in Christ. by -- Greek, "in.". [Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible]
Fourth TranslatesFourth English to Turkish Translate
(s)., (i). dördüncü; (i). dörtte bir; (müz). do ile fa arasındaki aralık. fourthly (z). dördüncü olarak. fourth class mail (A.B.D). ucuz tarife ile gonderilen eşya postası. fourth dimension varsayılan dördüncü boyut. fourth estate gazetecilik, basın. the Fourth (A.B.D). Bağımsızlık Bayramı.(s)., (i). dördüncü; (i). dörtte bir; (müz). do ile fa arasındaki aralık. fourthly (z). dördüncü olarak. fourth class mail (A.B.D). ucuz tarife ile gonderilen eşya postası. fourth dimension varsayılan dördüncü boyut. fourth estate gazetecilik, basın. the Fourth (A.B.D). Bağımsızlık Bayramı.