Free Wiki - What is the free?
What does the word free mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word free in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with free and anagrams of free.
Definitions of "free"
- Not imprisoned or enslaved; being at liberty. adjective
- Not controlled by obligation or the will of another: felt free to go. adjective
- Having political independence: "America . . . is the freest and wealthiest nation in the world” ( Rudolph W. Giuliani). adjective
- Governed by consent and possessing or granting civil liberties: a free citizenry. adjective
- Not subject to arbitrary interference by a government: a free press. adjective
- Not affected or restricted by a given condition or circumstance: a healthy animal, free of disease; free from need. adjective
- Not subject to a given condition; exempt: income that is free of all taxes. adjective
- Not subject to external restraint: "Comment is free but facts are sacred” ( Charles Prestwich Scott). adjective
- Not literal or exact: a free translation. adjective
- Costing nothing; gratuitous: a free meal. adjective
- Publicly supported: free education. adjective
- Not occupied or used: a free locker. adjective
- Not taken up by scheduled activities: free time between classes. adjective
- Unobstructed; clear: a free lane. adjective
- Unguarded in expression or manner; open; frank. adjective
- Taking undue liberties; forward or overfamiliar. adjective
- Liberal or lavish: tourists who are free with their money. adjective
- Given, made, or done of one's own accord; voluntary or spontaneous: a free act of the will; free choices. adjective
- Chemistry & Physics Unconstrained; unconfined: free expansion. adjective