Genuine Wiki - What is the genuine?
What does the word genuine mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word genuine in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with genuine and anagrams of genuine.
Definitions of "genuine"
- Actually possessing the alleged or apparent attribute or character: genuine leather. adjective
- Not spurious or counterfeit; authentic. See Synonyms at authentic. adjective
- Honestly felt or experienced: genuine devotion. adjective
- Actual; real: a genuine dilemma. adjective
- Free from hypocrisy or dishonesty; sincere. adjective
- Being of pure or original stock: a genuine Hawaiian. adjective
- Belonging to, or proceeding from the original stock; native; hence, not counterfeit, spurious, false, or adulterated; authentic; real; natural; true; pure. adjective
- Belonging to, or proceeding from, the original stock; native adjective
- Belonging to the original stock; corresponding to an original type or source; hence, not spurious, false, or adulterated; not of a deceptive or affected character; true; real; sincere: applied to both persons and things: as, genuine descendants; genuine materials; a genuine text; a genuine man.
- In zoology, typical; conformable to type; not aberrant: as, the genuine isopods. See Euisopoda.
- not pretended; sincerely felt or expressed adjective
- being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something adjective
- not fake or counterfeit adjective
The word "genuine" in example sentences
This is why we prefer the term genuine to authentic--it allows for many interpretations while still remaining true to tradition.. [Kurt Michael Friese: Chasing Chiles: Xnipec - A Touch of the Dogs Nose]
A few posts ago I asked what I called a genuine question about Islam's view on heroin, given the fact that the poppy is a staple crop in Afghanistan.. [A Genuine Answer]
Weber himself not only a great writer, but he's just a great guy, in fact his whole family are what I call genuine people.. [Archive 2008-09-01]
The Dalai Lama has said since 1979 that he has stepped back from the demand of independence and that he wants for the Tibetan people what they call genuine autonomy.. [CNN Transcript Mar 18, 2008]
He appealed to council officials not to simplify what he termed genuine and realistic demands of those in the township situation where socio-economic conditions were terrible.. [ANC Daily News Briefing]
"Well now that's what I call a genuine fact, the sort I was talking about," Mr. Flack replied.. [The Reverberator]
Let me see: it's a long time since I have had what I call a genuine holiday; I'll send an excuse tomorrow to the office.. [The Wrong Box]
Peace with the rebels, most of whom demand autonomy under what they call a "genuine federal system", has been set by the United States and the European Union as a condition for lifting sanctions on the former Burma, an underdeveloped but resource-rich country that has wilted under international isolation and inept army rule.. [Reuters: Press Release]
But this week Elin Jones announced plans to press ahead, mainly in north Pembrokeshire, despite recognising what she called the "genuine concern" of opponents.. [WalesOnline - Home]
That's what I call a genuine wedding march, just the same as for a funeral.. [Turandot, Princess of China A Chinoiserie in Three Acts]
In Washington, President Obama said Monday his envoy will have a vigorous engagement with parties in the region to try to achieve what he called genuine progress toward peace.. [RushPRnews - Newswire & Global Press Release Distribution]
He is now Commissioner of Social Security, one of the ultimate in genuine civil service positions.. [Stromata Blog:]
Others responded in genuine appreciation for this accomplishement.. [2009 May « Becca’s Byline]
Not that they were entirely lacking in genuine wit.. [When the Rat Pack ruled supreme]
Pity is another socially valuable response, and should be reserved for innocent people who are in genuine pain or who have fallen on misfortune.. [An Interview with Martha Stout]
I'm only a single guy here perplexing to cover 7 elections at once and call 'em as we see 'em in genuine time.. [FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: NY-23 Results by County ...]
Genuine TranslatesGenuine English to Turkish Translate
s. hakiki, gerçek, mevsuk, taklit veya sahte olmayan; asli; içten gelen, samimi. genuinely z. gerçekten, hakikaten. genuineness i. içtenlik, samimiyet, gerçek oluş, hakikilik.s. hakiki, gerçek, mevsuk, taklit veya sahte olmayan; asli; içten gelen, samimi. genuinely z. gerçekten, hakikaten. genuineness i. içtenlik, samimiyet, gerçek oluş, hakikilik.