Great Wiki - What is the great?
What does the word great mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word great in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with great and anagrams of great.
Definitions of "great"
- Very large in size. adjective
- Larger in size than others of the same kind. adjective
- Large in quantity or number: A great throng awaited us. See Synonyms at large. adjective
- Extensive in time or distance: a great delay. adjective
- Remarkable or outstanding in magnitude, degree, or extent: a great crisis. adjective
- Of outstanding significance or importance: a great work of art. adjective
- Chief or principal: the great house on the estate. adjective
- Superior in quality or character; noble: "For he was great, ere fortune made him so” ( John Dryden). adjective
- Powerful; influential: one of the great nations of the West. adjective
- Eminent; distinguished: a great leader. adjective
- Grand; aristocratic. adjective
- Informal Enthusiastic: a great lover of music. adjective
- Informal Very skillful: great at algebra. adjective
- Informal Very good; first-rate: We had a great time at the dance. adjective
- Being one generation removed from the relative specified. Often used in combination: a great-granddaughter. adjective
- Archaic Pregnant. adjective
- One that is great: a composer considered among the greats. noun
- Music A division of most pipe organs, usually containing the most powerful ranks of pipes. noun
- Music A similar division of other organs. noun