Green Wiki - What is the green?
What does the word green mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word green in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with green and anagrams of green.
Definitions of "green"
- The hue of that portion of the visible spectrum lying between yellow and blue, evoked in the human observer by radiant energy with wavelengths of approximately 490 to 570 nanometers; any of a group of colors that may vary in lightness and saturation and whose hue is that of the emerald or somewhat less yellow than that of growing grass; one of the additive or light primaries; one of the psychological primary hues. noun
- Something green in color. noun
- Green growth or foliage, especially. noun
- The branches and leaves of plants used for decoration. noun
- Leafy plants or plant parts eaten as vegetables. noun
- A grassy lawn or plot, especially. noun
- A grassy area located usually at the center of a city or town and set aside for common use; a common. noun
- A putting green. noun
- A green uniform. noun
- Money. noun
- A supporter of a social and political movement that espouses global environmental protection, bioregionalism, social responsibility, and nonviolence. noun
- Of the color green. adjective
- Abounding in or covered with green growth or foliage. adjective
- Made with green or leafy vegetables. adjective
- Characterized by mild or temperate weather. adjective
- Not mature or ripe. adjective
- Not grown up; young. adjective