Hairy Wiki - What is the hairy?
Hair is a protein filament that grows from follicles found in the dermis. Hair is one of the defining characteristics of mammals. The human body, apart from areas of glabrous skin, is covered in follicles which produce thick terminal and fine vellus hair. Most common interest in hair is focused on hair growth, hair types, and hair care, but hair is also an important biomaterial primarily composed of protein, notably alpha-keratin. Attitudes towards different forms of hair, such as hairstyles and hair removal, vary widely across different cultures and historical periods, but it is often used to indicate a person's personal beliefs or social position, such as their age, sex, or religion..
What does the word hairy mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word hairy in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with hairy and anagrams of hairy.
Definitions of "hairy"
- Covered with hair or hairlike projections: a hairy caterpillar. adjective
- Consisting of or resembling hair: a hairy overcoat. adjective
- Slang Fraught with difficulties; hazardous: a hairy escape; hairy problems. adjective
- Of a person, having a lot of hair on the body. adjective
- Of an animal, having a lot of fur. adjective
- Of a body part other than the head, having hair growing from it. adjective
- Difficult, complex, intricate, or intimidating. adjective
- Bearing or covered with hair; made of or resembling hair; rough with hair; hirsute. adjective
- Very complicated, difficult, or involved. adjective
- Dangerous or frightening. adjective
- Overgrown with hair; covered or abounding with hair.
- Consisting of hair or of something like hair; having the character or appearance of hair: as, the hairy covering of an animal; the hairy filaments of a plant.
- Having or characterized by something resembling hair.
- having or covered with hair adjective
- hazardous and frightening adjective
The word "hairy" in example sentences
On that front, molecular evolutionary biologist Aaron Avivi of the University of Haifa in Israel and his colleagues have focused on the Spalax genus of mole rat, which he describes as a "hairy sausage whose ends are hard to tell apart.". [Researchers try to understand naked mole rats' resistance to cancer]
I suspect what happened here, Catherine, is that they were sitting in Shooney's and maybe she was giving them what we call the hairy eyeball and they thought they would have some fun with her by talking about September 11 and September 13.. [CNN Transcript Sep 15, 2002]
In 2009, local hunters witnessed what they described as "hairy humanoid creatures" near the Azass Cave in Mount Shoriya.. [BBC News - Home]
"A transcriptional suppressor, which we call hairy, is crucial for reducing the mismatch between supply and demand of oxygen," said Dan Zhou, Ph. D.,. [Medlogs - Recent stories]
On young fruits the wax-producing glands are more prominent than the wax itself, so they are known as hairy or fuzzy gourds or melons.. [On Food and Cooking, The Science and Lore of the Kitchen]
Well one of my online buddies sent me this on messenger a moment ago I found it gross but quite interesting at the same time. its called hairy tongue also know as black tongue disease.. [Discussion Forum - Geeks!]
I'll be on the motorcycle so no trailer .... and hairy is probably what I'm looking for:). [Any route from Ciudad Victoria to SLP?]
Lee and I laughed as we remembered some remarkable meals in Singapore and Shanghai with an ingredient found there called hairy crab, usually in season for about six week in November.. [Jay Weston: The Best Chinese Meal of My Life... Again!]
They talk about Susan saying “she has been dubbed the hairy angel”, forgetting that they were the ones who coined this unappealing nickname.. [Catherine Zeta-Jones Nipple Slip On Broadway]
Seacrest calls the hairy Leif Garret kid to the stage.. [I think I'm going to have to stop watching "American Idol."]
* Sumatran rhino: Also known as the hairy or Asian two-horned rhinoceros, fewer than 300 survive today in the subtropical and tropical dry forests of Indonesia and Malaysia.. [National Endangered Species Day]
BRYANT: I have to think, though, that on the job, the first day, you definitely got what I like to call the hairy eyeball from people who figured you ` re just a reality show winner.. [CNN Transcript Jun 20, 2005]
But through the wonders of going back for further checkups and pressing for a very careful review, it turned out that I have -- I do have leukemia -- had, and continue to have, leukemia, but it's of a rare sort that they came to -- it's called hairy cell leukemia.. [Crazy Rhythm: My Journey From Brooklyn, Jazz, and Wall Street, to Nixon's White House, Watergate and Beyond]
If it does not it may be another condition called hairy leukoplakia (described below).. [Chapter 6]
Two different kinds of fibres are found on animals; one is a stiff kind of fibre varying in length very much and called hairy fibres, these sometimes grow to a great length.. [The Dyeing of Woollen Fabrics]
Those sometimes met with are the species of tarantula known as the hairy spider, the spider known as guava, and the blue spider, also the scorpion and the centipede.. [Santo Domingo A Country with a Future]
Hairy TranslatesHairy English to Turkish Translate
(s.) kıllı tüylü, kıldan yapılmış; kıl gibi; ABD, (argo.) tehlikeli; mükemmel. hairi ness (i.) tüylülük, kıllılık.(s.) kıllı tüylü, kıldan yapılmış; kıl gibi; ABD, (argo.) tehlikeli; mükemmel. hairi ness (i.) tüylülük, kıllılık.