Happy Wiki - What is the happy?
Happiness is used in the context of mental or emotional states, including positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. It is also used in the context of life satisfaction, subjective well-being, eudaimonia, flourishing and well-being.Since the 1960s, happiness research has been conducted in a wide variety of scientific disciplines, including gerontology, social psychology, clinical and medical research and happiness economics..
What does the word happy mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word happy in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with happy and anagrams of happy.
Definitions of "happy"
- Characterized by good luck; fortunate. adjective
- Enjoying, showing, or marked by pleasure, satisfaction, or joy. adjective
- Being especially well-adapted; felicitous: a happy turn of phrase. adjective
- Cheerful; willing: happy to help. adjective
- Characterized by a spontaneous or obsessive inclination to use something. Often used in combination: trigger-happy. adjective
- Enthusiastic about or involved with to a disproportionate degree. Often used in combination: money-happy; clothes-happy. adjective
- Experiencing the effect of favourable fortune; having the feeling arising from the consciousness of well-being or of enjoyment; enjoying good of any kind, as peace, tranquillity, comfort; contented; joyous. adjective
- Favored by luck or fortune; lucky. adjective
- Dexterous; ready; apt; felicitous. adjective
- Content, satisfied (with or to do something); having no objection (to something). adjective
- Favored by hap, luck, or fortune; lucky; fortunate; successful; prosperous; satisfying desire adjective
- Experiencing the effect of favorable fortune; having the feeling arising from the consciousness of well-being or of enjoyment; enjoying good of any kind, as peace, tranquillity, comfort; contented; joyous. adjective
- Dexterous; ready; apt; felicitous. adjective
- Manifesting or marked by good hap or fortune; lucky; fortuitously fortunate, favorable, or successful: as, a happy contingency or omen; a happy thought or discovery.
- Conscious that one's general condition of feeling is a highly satisfactory one; conscious that one feels, in general, decidedly more pleasure than pain; having a general feeling of pleasure; satisfied; pleased.
- Being in a favorable condition or in advantageous circumstances; fortunate; secure of good; blessed.
- Affording pleasure or enjoyment; bringing or attended with good fortune, luck, or pleasure; agreeable: as, happy thoughts; a happy condition; happier times.
- Indicative or expressive of happiness; joyful: as, the happy shouts of children; happy smiles or tears.
- Apt; fitting the purpose, occasion, or circumstances; opportune; felicitous: as, a happy expedient; a happy retort.
The word "happy" in example sentences
I love to make people happy, and I think that giving away a box of yummy things will make someone *happy*.. [foodbeam » Almost Christmas – Coconut and pomegranate tapioca pudding]
THANKSS LOTSSSSS = D happy happy~ but somehow, somewhere, there's still something missing within me .... we need a miracle!. [zhen-zhen Diary Entry]
In order to be happy oneself it is necessary to make at least one other person happy .. [Theodor Reik (1888-1969)]
"I shall be happy -- no, _happy_ is not a good word for me -- I shall be glad to see you in my studio when I have moved in, and perhaps you may see some things to please you.". [Lippincott's Magazine of Popular Literature and Science Volume 15, No. 85, January, 1875]
I. _Barzillai was evidently by nature a warm-hearted, sunshiny old man, himself happy and making others happy_.. [Men of the Bible; Some Lesser-Known Characters]
He took my hand, -- Yes, Madam, to make _me_ happy, -- for ever happy, -- to make _Sir James_ and _Lady Powis happy_, you have only to determine not to quit your native country.. [Barford Abbey]
With best wishes for you for a happy, _happy_ New Year,. [Letters of a Woman Homesteader]
She surveyed us both with a look of composure and satisfaction, expressive of her conviction that we should be happy, happy with one another.. [Book I: Paras. 100148]
"Well, parson," replied the only half-converted youth, "I am not damn happy, just _happy, _ that's all.". [Something of Men I Have Known With Some Papers of a General Nature, Political, Historical, and Retrospective]
MY DEAREST VICTORIA, -- I have to thank you for two extremely kind and dear letters, which made me very happy, and your kind heart would be pleased to know _how happy_.. [The Letters of Queen Victoria, Volume 1 (of 3), 1837-1843) A Selection from Her Majesty's Correspondence Between the Years 1837 and 1861]
I live, however, in the hopes of your visit next year with dear Aunt, and I cannot say how thankful and happy I am that we have had you here for six short, and to me _most bright happy_ days!. [The Letters of Queen Victoria, Volume 1 (of 3), 1837-1843) A Selection from Her Majesty's Correspondence Between the Years 1837 and 1861]
A happy walk _there_ to you, and _a happy_ walk back.. [The Captiva and the Mostellaria]
I. i.76 (7,9) [But earthlier happy is the rose distill'd] Thus all the copies, yet _earthlier_ is so harsh a word, and _earthlier happy_ for. [Notes to Shakespeare — Volume 01: Comedies]
Chauum Fra*tkxand Efq. to John Desborough, Efq. jOU call me a happy, dtffir paced fellow: difllpated I cer T tainly am, but I fear I ner y$r fhall be happy* You will, pen - haps, be furprifed at my telling you that the women, the dear creatures who might make my life a life of joy, embar*. [The Disinterested Marriage, Or, The History of Mr. Frankland.]
a great liberty boy, and so great a friend to our country, he will be quite happy that his wood, was so _happy_ for our use. '. [The Campaign of 1776 around New York and Brooklyn]
I am so down all the time I think I forgot what happy feels like so when there is nothing wrong I think I’m happy . [goldenboy Diary Entry]
Happy TranslatesHappy English to Turkish Translate
(s.) mutlu, mesut, talihli, memnun, bahtiyar, sevinçli; şen, neşeli; uygun, yerinde olan; ABD, argo ...delisi ( msl. girl happy kız delisi. ) happygolucky (s.) kaygısız; bir şeye aldırmaz, neşeli .(s.) mutlu, mesut, talihli, memnun, bahtiyar, sevinçli; şen, neşeli; uygun, yerinde olan; ABD, argo ...delisi ( msl. girl happy kız delisi. ) happygolucky (s.) kaygısız; bir şeye aldırmaz, neşeli .