Hearty Wiki - What is the hearty?
hearty wiki coming soon..
What does the word hearty mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word hearty in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with hearty and anagrams of hearty.
Definitions of "hearty"
- Expressed warmly, exuberantly, and unrestrainedly: a hearty welcome. adjective
- Complete or thorough; unequivocal: hearty support. adjective
- Vigorous; robust: a hearty glow of health. adjective
- Enjoying or requiring much food: a hearty appetite. adjective
- Providing abundant nourishment; substantial: a hearty meal. adjective
- A good fellow; a comrade. noun
- A sailor. noun
- Pertaining to, or proceeding from, the heart; warm; cordial; bold; zealous; sincere; willing; also, energetic; active; eager; as, a hearty welcome; hearty in supporting the government. adjective
- Exhibiting strength; sound; healthy; firm; not weak; as, a hearty timber. adjective
- Promoting strength; nourishing; rich; abundant; as, hearty food; a hearty meal. adjective
- : Comrade; boon companion; good fellow; -- a term of familiar address and fellowship among sailors. Dickens. noun
- Pertaining to, or proceeding from, the heart; warm; cordial; bold; zealous; sincere; willing; also, energetic; active; eager adjective
- Exhibiting strength; sound; healthy; firm; not weak. adjective
- Promoting strength; nourishing; rich; abundant adjective
- Comrade; boon companion; good fellow; -- a term of familiar address and fellowship among sailors. noun
- Influenced by or proceeding from the heart; heartfelt; sincere; zealous: as, to be hearty in support of a project; a hearty welcome; a hearty laugh.
- Full of health; exhibiting strength; sound; strong; healthy: as, a hearty man.
- Adapted for, affording, using, or requiring strong or abundant nourishment: as, hearty food; a hearty dinner; a hearty eater or appetite.
- Bold; courageous.
The word "hearty" in example sentences
I doubt if I ever told you that in the old days, when experimenting with the animals, I found that my will -- or brain-power, if you prefer the term -- worked torpidly for a while after meals, although, as you know, I was never what they call a hearty feeder.. [Foe-Farrell]
She rang for me, to see how I was getting on with my needlework -- and she was what I call hearty, for the first time since. [I Say No]
"Well, that's what I call hearty!" continued the ruffian, following his example.. [Mark Hurdlestone Or, The Two Brothers]
Members assimilated in hearty courtesy of a Falstaffian Bard's birthday take a break of final Apr hosted by Messrs. Friedman, Madeira, as good as Pope.. [Archive 2009-11-01]
A bronzed and bearded man met them at the top and gripped their hands in hearty fellowship.. [DUTCH COURAGE]
"When a standpat Republican politician abandons a lifetime of party regularity at 70 to come out in hearty praise of a Democratic President," the paper noted, "it is time for connoisseurs of the unusual to stand by and take notes.". [Greg Mitchell: Dispatches From Incredible 1934 Campaign: Upton Sinclair Fights Back Against Hollywood Scare Tactics]
The cake is packed with berries and is fairly hearty from a mixture of plain and while grain flour.. [Baking Bites » Print » Bites from other Blogs]
In fact Clark came out in hearty defense of Obama the other day, and I'm sure that was noticed and well-received.. [Your Right Hand Thief]
Charles V of Spain, in hearty approval of the sentence, hastened to make a gift to Oaxaca of a clock, complete with striking mechanism.. [Did you know? Mexico was a very different place fifty years ago]
I served the tortilla loaf in hearty slices with some roasted garlic salsa for a heavenly one-dish meal.. [Archive 2007-01-01]
I've not been to the one in Oaxaca, but the one in Pátzcuaro has become more a big blow-out drunken brawl for people coming to party hearty from the DF and other places.. [Any Day of the Dead "happenings" Lakeside?]
But the great influx came in the early eighties with the building of the C.P.R. All the circumstances are recalled by Mr. Cambie, the Octogenerian Railroad Engineer, who hail and hearty is still in the C.P.R. service.. [Oriental Immigration]
I need scarcely say that with the objects of the Empire Club, as indicated by its title, I am myself in hearty sympathy.. [Some Aspects of Imperialism]
"I rather think it will!" he cried in hearty delight.. [John Halifax, Gentleman]
The sweetness of friendship lies not in hearty mirth, and hearty laughter, but in hearty counsel, faithful advice, sincerely given and without flattery, by counsel of the soul (so the word is), counsel which reaches the case, and comes to the heart, counsel about soul-concerns, Ps. lxvi.. [Commentary on the Whole Bible Volume III (Job to Song of Solomon)]
Soak a hearty amount into a sponge and blot away until the chocolate has disappeared!. [6 Tips to get out common stains]
Hearty TranslatesHearty English to Turkish Translate
(s). candan, yürekten, içten, samimi; sağlam, sıhhatli; kuvvetli, kuvvet veren; (bol). heartily (z). içtenlikle, samimiyetle. heart iness (i). içtenlik, samimiyet; yüreklilik.(s). candan, yürekten, içten, samimi; sağlam, sıhhatli; kuvvetli, kuvvet veren; (bol). heartily (z). içtenlikle, samimiyetle. heart iness (i). içtenlik, samimiyet; yüreklilik.