Heavenly Wiki - What is the heavenly?
What does the word heavenly mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word heavenly in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with heavenly and anagrams of heavenly.
Definitions of "heavenly"
- Sublime; delightful; enchanting. adjective
- Of or relating to the firmament; celestial: the sun, the moon, and other heavenly bodies. adjective
- Of or relating to the abode of God; divine. adjective
- Of or pertaining to the heaven believed in by many religions; good, beautiful, glorious, pleasurable. adjective
- Of or pertaining to the heavens or sky, regarded as the realm of the sun, moon, planets and stars. adjective
- Of or pertaining to the kingdom of God; divine. adjective
- Extremely beautiful or pleasurable. adjective
- In a manner like that of heaven; by the influence or agency of heaven; divinely, miraculously. adverb
- To a degree such as to elicit great pleasure. adverb
- Pertaining to, resembling, or inhabiting heaven; celestial; not earthly adjective
- Appropriate to heaven in character or happiness; perfect; pure; supremely blessed adjective
- In a manner resembling that of heaven. adverb
- By the influence or agency of heaven. adverb
- Of or pertaining to heaven, in either the physical or the spiritual sense; celestial: as, heavenly regions; heavenly peace; the heavenly throng.
- Fit for or characteristic of heaven; supremely blessed, excellent, or beautiful; angelic: as, a heavenly voice; a heavenly temper.
- Synonyms Ethereal, celestial.
- Godlike, divine, spiritual, blissful, beatific, seraphic, cherubic.
- In a manner as of heaven.
- By the influence or agency of heaven.
The word "heavenly" in example sentences
"Oh, come, Billie, that's too much!" laughed Teddy, swinging her on to the floor and giving her what she called a heavenly dance.. [Billie Bradley on Lighthouse Island The Mystery of the Wreck]
He seems to me to ascribe the exultation, the sense of power, the feeling of heightened vitality which accompany sexual love to that other love which he calls the heavenly love and which I should prefer to call loving-kindness; and by doing so infects it with the ineradicable vice of earthly love.. [The Summing Up]
Henceforth, she lived in a state of bitter but powerless irritation, face to face with her yielding niece who displayed adorable acts of tenderness to recompense her for what she termed her heavenly goodness.. [Theresa Raquin]
"She isn't exactly what I call a heavenly-minded woman," said. [Real Folks]
In the zeal of their affection they would make us heirs of what they call their heavenly kingdom, but in the meanwhile destroy our religion, deprive us of our ancient gods, and sap the foundations of the state.. [Aurelian or, Rome in the Third Century]
It contained all three laws of planetary motion and attempted to explain heavenly motions through physical causes (Books IV - V). [Archive 2009-03-01]
September 16th, 2009 'It' horde Neil Patrick Harris takes upon a EmmysLOS ANGELES If only one aw! ards unc over horde during a time holds a "it" title, then a stream heavenly is Neil Patrick Harris.. [Archive 2009-11-01]
I also imagine that when His basicc human needs were met, he indeed did sleep in heavenly peace.. [26 « December « 2006 « Adventures in Juggling]
Categories: Monday Photo Shoot · fun · holidays sleep in heavenly peace. [26 « December « 2006 « Adventures in Juggling]
So despite the fact that some people live in heavenly conditions while others experience hells for all their days and nights on earth, one must first believe that there is life beyond death before one can believe conditions there are the same as conditions here (usually reversed by appeal to 'divine justice').. [A New Movement Among Us]
I was crying out to the guy that I know as my heavenly father.. [CNN Transcript Aug 7, 2008]
The dialogue is primarily concerned with the animal creation, including under this term the heavenly bodies, and with man only as one among the animals.. [Timaeus]
So they call the heavenly manna: thus worldlings loathe the things of heaven, for which they have no relish.. [The Bible, Douay-Rheims, Complete The Challoner Revision]
Helen came, but even before that had 'the raven down of night' smoothed itself in heavenly silence!. [Letters and Memorials of Jane Welsh Carlyle]
Moreover, pride and presumption are the sins in heavenly places to which they tempt especially, being those by which they themselves fell from heavenly places (Isa 14: 12-15).. [Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible]
The alteration of expression to "in heavenly places," is in order to mark the higher range of their powers than ours, they having been, up to the ascension (Re 12: 5, 9, 10), dwellers "in the heavenly places" (Job 1: 7), and being now in the regions of the air which are called the heavens.. [Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible]