Hemal Wiki - What is the hemal?
What does the word hemal mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word hemal in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with hemal and anagrams of hemal.
Definitions of "hemal"
- Of or relating to the blood or blood vessels. adjective
- Relating to or located on the side of the body that contains the heart and principal blood vessels. adjective
- Alternative form of haemal. adjective
- Relating to the blood or blood vessels; pertaining to, situated in the region of, or on the side with, the heart and great blood vessels; -- opposed to neural. adjective
- Having the character of blood; sanguineous; bloody: as, the hemal fluid. Also hemic, hæmic.
- Pertaining to or connected with blood, blood-vessels, or blood-circulation; vascular; circulatory: as, the hemal system.
- Situated on the side of the body, with reference to the vertebral axis, which contains the heart and great blood-vessels; ventral: the opposite of neural.
- A median process of the hemal side of the body of a vertebra; a hypapophysis: a rare use.
- Same as hemal spine. Caudal with long neurals and hæmals. noun
- relating to the blood vessels or blood adjective
The word "hemal" in example sentences
Hemolymph nodes or glands and hemal nodes which are so abundant in some mammals are probably not present in man.. [VIII. The Lymphatic System. 1. Introduction]
_Emciob noh hemal ɔeemal_, faulty orthography for _noh emel, ɔeemel_, the latter syncopated from _ɔeɔemel_.. [The Maya Chronicles Brinton's Library Of Aboriginal American Literature, Number 1]
Can ahau u kaba katun; emciob [178-3] noh hemal, [178-4] ɔeemal, u kabaob lae.. [The Maya Chronicles Brinton's Library Of Aboriginal American Literature, Number 1]
The first 14 caudals have associated hemal arches or chevron bones.. [PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles]
Backstage appleton wi homes for sale implosion makeover be your zaglossus, decisively utricularia, hemal chronoperates, nisi menziesia, yobibit particularization plaid, etc.. [POWET.TV]