Hideous Wiki - What is the hideous?
What does the word hideous mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word hideous in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with hideous and anagrams of hideous.
Definitions of "hideous"
- Repulsive, especially to the sight; revoltingly ugly. See Synonyms at ugly. adjective
- Offensive to moral sensibilities; despicable. adjective
- Frightful; shocking; extremely ugly. adjective
- Distressing or offensive to the ear; horrible. adjective
- Hateful; shocking. adjective
- Frightful, shocking, or offensive to the eyes; dreadful to behold. adjective
- Distressing or offensive to the ear; exciting terror or dismay. adjective
- Hateful; shocking. adjective
- Frightful in appearance, sound, or character; very dreadful; horrible; detestable; revolting: as, a hideous monster; a hideous uproar; hideous debauchery.
- Synonyms Grim, Grisly, etc. (see ghastly); horrid, terrible, appalling.
- grossly offensive to decency or morality; causing horror adjective
- so extremely ugly as to be terrifying adjective
The word "hideous" in example sentences
Pretty much all of this has what you describe as hideous consequences.. [John Terry’s sacking as England captain tells us something interesting...]
"Interesting" is what you call the hideous dress one's wife asks you to critique.. [The Truth About Cars]
Even more hideous is the declared involvement in these proceedings at Guantánamo of qualified medical practitioners.. [Torture II]
To me, Free Dress Days were forceful reminders of why I was grateful to spend 99% of my school time in hideous polyester ensembles of polo shirts and Dockers.. [Archive: Oct 08 - Mar 09]
Sometimes this can go as far as that character based on you being tortured or killed in hideous ways.. [Why Date or Marry a Writer? « Write Anything]
And I couldn't go around announcing "I'm in hideous pain, feels like a giant bird has its claws in my neck," so I had to pretend I felt just like everyone else at parties and meetings.. [mrissa: Hollywood broken leg theory]
The grape vine is climbing up the berry tree and the blackberry is having a pissing contest with something hideous from the neighbour's side of the fence about who has the biggest brambles.. [wonderful new invention]
Their faces and bodies were tattooed or scarred in hideous designs.. [Chapter 1]
When an industry acts in hideous ways toward people, then we do need government to intervene.. [Poll: Obama drops on health care]
In its grimmest aspects, misogyny manifests itself in hideous violence — from brutal beatings and rape to outright torture and murder.. [Once more with feeling...]
The results were appalling fat blobs in hideous asymetrical shapes.. [Huellas ...Dona Carlota]
The fact that you would advocate for something so hideous is shameful.. [Connolly "Finds" Fairfax Brothels]
I survived the 1980s in hideous pink plastic frames that housed lenses so thick I could see into the future with them; and no, I would not deliberately pick such frames for myself ... but I was so familiar with looking bad in glasses that I didn't have the faintest idea of what looked good.. [January 13th, 2006]
I think you've hit upon the bottom line here that unless we come up with something to help those who are living in hideous poverty, we'll have border problems.. [Mexican Migra shoots local as illegal immigrant]
Also available in hideous blinged-out version, sadly.. [August 15th, 2006]
I wanted to name it "Bugspot Wallpaper" which was what my father called the hideous wallcovering in our kitchen.. [impaled gail, lynched lyndon]