Home Wiki - What is the home?
What does the word home mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word home in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with home and anagrams of home.
Definitions of "home"
- A place where one lives; a residence. noun
- The physical structure within which one lives, such as a house or apartment. noun
- A dwelling place together with the family or social unit that occupies it; a household. noun
- An environment offering security and happiness. noun
- A valued place regarded as a refuge or place of origin. noun
- The place, such as a country or town, where one was born or has lived for a long period. noun
- The native habitat, as of a plant or animal. noun
- The place where something is discovered, founded, developed, or promoted; a source. noun
- A headquarters; a home base. noun
- Home plate. noun
- Home base. noun
- An institution where people are cared for. noun
- The starting position of the cursor on a text-based computer display, usually in the upper left corner of the screen. noun
- A starting position within a computer application, such as the beginning of a line, file, or screen or the top of a chart or list. noun
- Of or relating to a home, especially to one's household or house. adjective