Immediate Wiki - What is the immediate?
Immediate Immediate Records, a British record label The Immediate, an Irish rock group Immediate Media Company, British publishing house Immediate Music, library music company.
What does the word immediate mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word immediate in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with immediate and anagrams of immediate.
Definitions of "immediate"
- Occurring at once; instant: gave me an immediate response. adjective
- Of or near the present time: in the immediate future. adjective
- Of or relating to the present time and place; current: "It is probable that, apart from the most immediate, pragmatic, technical revisions, the writer's effort to detach himself from his work is quixotic” ( Joyce Carol Oates). adjective
- Close at hand; near: in the immediate vicinity. See Synonyms at close. adjective
- Next in line or relation: is an immediate successor to the president of the company. adjective
- Directly apprehended or perceived: had immediate awareness of the scope of the crisis. adjective
- Acting or occurring without the interposition of another agency or object; direct. adjective
- happening right away, instantly, with no delay adjective
- Very close; direct or adjacent. adjective
- Not separated in respect to place by anything intervening; proximate; close. adjective
- Not deferred by an interval of time; present; instant. adjective
- Acting with nothing interposed or between, or without the intervention of another object as a cause, means, or agency; acting, perceived, or produced, directly. adjective
- Not separated from its object or correlate by any third or medium; directly related; independent of any intermediate agency or action: opposed to remote: as, an immediate cause.
- Having no space or object intervening; nearest; proximate; having the closest relation: as, immediate contact; the immediate neighborhood.
- Without any time intervening; without any delay; present; instant: often used, like similar absolute expressions, with less strictness than the literal meaning requires: as, an immediate answer; immediate despatch.
- In metaphysics, indemonstrable; intuitive; of the character of a direct perception not worked over by the mind.
- Knowledge of an object as it exists, so that the qualities of our cognition are the qualities of the thing-in-itself.
- immediately before or after as in a chain of cause and effect adjective
- performed with little or no delay adjective
The word "immediate" in example sentences
And this is a question which demands immediate attention -- _immediate_ attention; for more than £26,000,000 are paid by taxpayers each year to be spent in great part on our wretched system of poor laws.. [Memoir and Letters of Francis W. Newman]
Idealists discredit the veracity of consciousness as to our immediate knowledge of material phenomena, and, consequently, our _immediate knowledge of the existence of matter_. [. [Christianity and Greek Philosophy or, the relation between spontaneous and reflective thought in Greece and the positive teaching of Christ and His Apostles]
The term immediate is used in contrast with that of gradual.. [The Conflict with Slavery, Part 1, from Volume VII, The Works of Whittier: the Conflict with Slavery, Politics and Reform, the Inner Life and Criticism]
They include what he called immediate cuts to the costs of maintaining Italy's bulky political class as well as significant measures to fight tax evasion.. [StarTribune.com rss feed]
Around the February time frame, we were running to a point where our fund balance was getting below what we were comfortable with, having to deal with existing disasters and future disasters, so we go into what we call immediate needs funding.. [Nashville Scene]
An "immediate" withdrawal, a la Obama, is totally unrealistic and would result in immediate genocide of those Iraquis who have helped and supported our troops.. [Gates: Next president likely to take 'sensible approach' to Iraq]
He was later led out of the courtroom and placed in immediate custody.. [Richard Mcclanahan]
But my husband has once, to each of the girls, because they put themselves or their sibling in immediate risk.. [Sticks And Stones | Her Bad Mother]
The contentment of Fernando Torres and promised transfer sprees deliver headlines that win immediate support for prospective new owners, but it is how quickly they construct a solution to a 40-year-old problem will determine Liverpool's long-term fortunes.. [Liverpool's new owners face a familiar stadium dilemma at Anfield]
The Saudis in immediate wake of September 11″ doctrine?. [The Volokh Conspiracy » Defamation by Government Still Political Question]
However, they know that whenever I come “home,” they are prohibited from watching FUX News as a condition of my visit, the violation of which will result in immediate termination of said visit.. [Think Progress » Bachmann claims Romney doesn’t believe RomneyCare was ‘a good thing for’ Massachusetts.]
Though the child is not in immediate danger the work seems to ponder the possibilities of the outcome.. [Spread ArtCulture: Patricia Piccinini's World of Creatures Great & Small]
Pop quiz: how many of your friends are, to the best of your knowledge, in immediate danger of having their planet blown up by hostile aliens?. [Barnstorming on an Invisible Segway]
How many of your friends are -- again, so far as you have been made aware -- in immediate danger of having their throats ripped out by werewolves? their blood sucked and their soul removed by sparkly vampires?. [Barnstorming on an Invisible Segway]
The only thing immediate is going to be the new TAXES!. [Could health care changes be immediate?]
He does well, if he cannot see his right audience within immediate reach of his voice, to direct his words to his spiritual ancestors, or to posterity, or even, if need be, to a coterie.. [Principles of Literary Criticism]
Immediate TranslatesImmediate English to Turkish Translate
s. şimdiki, hazır, derhal olan, elde mevcut; vasıtasız; yakın. immediately z. hemen, derhal, doğrudan dogruya. immediacy i. yakınlık; doğrudan doğruya mevcut olma; fels şuur; sezgi yoluyla bilinen şey.s. şimdiki, hazır, derhal olan, elde mevcut; vasıtasız; yakın. immediately z. hemen, derhal, doğrudan dogruya. immediacy i. yakınlık; doğrudan doğruya mevcut olma; fels şuur; sezgi yoluyla bilinen şey.