Increase Wiki - What is the increase?
What does the word increase mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word increase in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with increase and anagrams of increase.
Definitions of "increase"
- To become greater or larger. verb-intransitive
- To multiply; reproduce. verb-intransitive
- To make greater or larger. verb-transitive
- The act of increasing: a steady increase in temperature. noun
- The amount or rate by which something is increased: a tax increase of 15 percent. noun
- Obsolete Reproduction and spread; propagation. noun
- on the increase Increasing, especially in frequency of occurrence: Crime is on the increase. idiom
- to become larger. verb
- To make (a quantity) larger. verb
- An amount by which a quantity is increased. noun
- For a quantity, the act or process of becoming larger noun
- The creation of one or more new stitches; see Increase (knitting). noun
- Addition or enlargement in size, extent, quantity, number, intensity, value, substance, etc.; augmentation; growth. noun
- That which is added to the original stock by augmentation or growth; produce; profit; interest. noun
- Progeny; issue; offspring. noun
- Generation. noun
- The period of increasing light, or luminous phase; the waxing; -- said of the moon. noun
- To become greater or more in size, quantity, number, degree, value, intensity, power, authority, reputation, wealth; to grow; to augment; to advance; -- opposed to
- To multiply by the production of young; to be fertile, fruitful, or prolific. verb-intransitive