Individual Wiki - What is the individual?
What does the word individual mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word individual in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with individual and anagrams of individual.
Definitions of "individual"
- Of or relating to an individual, especially a single human. adjective
- By or for one person. adjective
- Existing as a distinct entity; separate. adjective
- Marked by or expressing individuality; distinctive or individualistic. adjective
- Special; particular. adjective
- Serving to identify or set apart. adjective
- A single human considered apart from a society or community. noun
- A human regarded as a distinctive or unique personality. noun
- A single organism as distinguished from a species, community, or group. noun
- A member of a collection or set; a specimen. noun
- In biology: A living being considered as unique or different from its kind and from the rest of nature, without reference to its morphological or physiological independence or dependence. It is in this sense that an organism is termed an individual with reference to reproduction and inheritance. noun
- Indivisible; inseparable.
- Not susceptible of logical subdivision; determinate in every respect; having a continuity of existence in all its changes; not divisible without loss of identity.
- Of but one person or thing; pertaining or peculiar to, or characteristic of, a single person or thing, or each separate person or thing: opposed to collective: as, individual character; individual labor or effort; individual action.
- Serving or intended for the use of one person only: as, an individual salt-cellar.
- Of which each is different or of a different design from the others: as, a set of individual coffee-cups (that is, a harlequin set).