Infectious Wiki - What is the infectious?
What does the word infectious mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word infectious in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with infectious and anagrams of infectious.
Definitions of "infectious"
- Capable of causing infection. adjective
- Caused by or capable of being transmitted by infection. adjective
- Caused by a pathogenic microorganism or agent. adjective
- Easily or readily communicated: an infectious laugh. adjective
- Transmitted from one person to another, usually through the air breathed. adjective
- Able to infect others. adjective
- Spreading quickly from one person to another. adjective
- Memorable and invoking excitement or interest. adjective
- Having qualities that may infect; communicable or caused by infection; pestilential; epidemic adjective
- Corrupting, or tending to corrupt or contaminate; vitiating; demoralizing. adjective
- Contaminating with illegality; exposing to seizure and forfeiture. adjective
- Capable of being easily diffused or spread; sympathetic; readily communicated. adjective
- Communicable by infection; easily diffused or spread from person to person or from place to place, as a disease, a moral influence, or a mental condition: specifically applied to diseases which are capable of being communicated from one to another, or which pervade certain places, attacking persons there, independently of any contact with those already sick. Infectious diseases include contagious and miasmatic diseases.
- Capable of communicating infection; that infects, taints, or corrupts; contaminating: as, infectious clothing; infectious air; an infectious vice.
- In law, capable of contaminating with illegality; exposing to seizure or forfeiture.
- Synonyms Catching, communicable.
- Contaminating, poisoning, defiling.
- caused by infection or capable of causing infection adjective
- of or relating to infection adjective
The word "infectious" in example sentences
BLITZER: It brings new meaning to the term infectious enthusiasm.. [CNN Transcript Feb 21, 2008]
Technically speaking, when you hear a veterinarian speaking of the condition, you will hear the term infectious tracheobronchitis.. [Shaister Miester Do Da]
This general result I shall only support by the authority of Dr. Ramsbotham, who gives, as the result of his experience, that the same symptoms belong to what he calls the infectious and the sporadic forms of the disease, and the opinion of Armstrong in his original Essay.. [The Contagiousness of Puerperal Fever]
This general result I shall only support by the authority of Dr. Ramsbotham, who gives, as the result of his experience, that the same symptoms belong to what he calls the infectious and the sporadic forms of the disease, and the opinion of. [Complete Project Gutenberg Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. Works]
Dr. Cahill, senior attending physician in infectious diseases and emergency medicine at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, serves as the orchestra's in-house physician, treating everything from violinists 'stiff necks to an epidemic of food poisoning that occurred while the orchestra was on tour several years ago.. [One Virtuoso Physician]
I'll be fully engulfed in infectious disease before mid morning!. [Anhedonia (excerpt)]
And its not being infectious is assuredly an important consideration.. [Letter 111]
Without a doubt, anyone who saw the movie Contagion would label infectious diseases a pressing public health crisis.. [Linda Rosenberg: A Silent Public Health Crisis]
Just like happiness and laughter are often described as infectious, it turns out you can catch loneliness too.. [Loneliness Is Contagious, Study Says]
If you do not agree with messing around with the genes of food crops, then instead donate yor computing time to the search for antiviral drugs or to the search for understanding the proteins found in infectious diseases.. [Join the Hunt for Super-Rice - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com]
The cause is the widespread outbreak of a virus known as infectious salmon anemia (ISA).. [Dan Imhoff: Chile's Salmon Farms Verging on Breakdown]
Just like happiness and laughter are often described as infectious, it turns out you can catch loneliness too ..... [Todd Kashdan: What Maids Teach Us About Physical Health, Life Longevity]
So infectious is Temeraire's personality that the reader might find himself doing the same thing.. [Book Review: His Majesty's Dragon]
Richard (Dick) Douce (DD) is an internist sub-specialized in infectious diseases, who works as a medical missionary in Hospital Vozandes Quito.. [Effective Ministry in the Face of a Pandemic]
My sons 'father -- a physician with a specialty in infectious diseases and a Ph.D. in epidemiology -- won't touch even medium rare meat in Mexico.. [Carne Apache]
Dr. Delgado at De La Fe is an internal medicine specialist with special interest in infectious diseases, and he would be able to tell you where to get a typhoid shot.. [FYI-Cost for Med treatment in SMA]