Infinite Wiki - What is the infinite?
What does the word infinite mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word infinite in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with infinite and anagrams of infinite.
Definitions of "infinite"
- Having no boundaries or limits; impossible to measure or calculate. synonym: incalculable. adjective
- Immeasurably great or large; boundless. adjective
- Existing beyond or being greater than any arbitrarily large value. adjective
- Unlimited in spatial extent. adjective
- Of or relating to a set capable of being put into one-to-one correspondence with a proper subset of itself. adjective
- Something infinite. noun
- In geometry, the plane on which lie all points at infinity and all straights at infinity. noun
- Immeasurably or innumerably great; so great as to be absolutely incapable of being measured or counted.
- All-embracing; lacking nothing; the greatest possible; perfect; absolute: applied only to Divinity.
- Boundless; unbounded; endless; without limit; interminable. In this sense the surface of a pea is infinite, while a plane of immeasurable extent whose continuity is interrupted by one small hole is finite.
- By hyperbole, indefinitely extensive; beyond our powers of measuring or reckoning.
- [Tr. Gr.
ἀόριστος: see aorist.] In logic, modified, as a term, by a sign of negation.
- Anything which is infinite, in any sense. noun
- A large number; a crowd. noun
- Unlimited or boundless, in time or space. adjective
- Without limit in power, capacity, knowledge, or excellence; boundless; immeasurably or inconceivably great; perfect; ; -- opposed to
- Indefinitely large or extensive; great; vast; immense; gigantic; prodigious. adjective
- Greater than any assignable quantity of the same kind; -- said of certain quantities. adjective