Informal Wiki - What is the informal?
What does the word informal mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word informal in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with informal and anagrams of informal.
Definitions of "informal"
- Not formal or ceremonious; casual. adjective
- Not being in accord with prescribed regulations or forms; unofficial. adjective
- Suited for everyday wear or use. adjective
- Characterized by nontechnical vocabulary, simple sentence structure, and relatively few explicit transitions, as typified by spoken language. adjective
- Not formal; not in the regular or usual form or manner; not according to rule or custom; unceremonious; irregular: as, an informal writing; informal proceedings; an informal visit.
- Distracted or deranged in mind.
- Not in the regular, usual, or established form; not according to official, conventional, prescribed, or customary forms or rules; irregular; hence, without ceremony. adjective
- Deranged in mind; out of one's senses. adjective
formalor ceremonious; casual. adjective
- Not in
accordwith the usual regulations; unofficial. adjective Suitedfor everydayuse. adjective
everyday, non-ceremonious usage. adjective
organized; not structuredor planned. adjective
- not officially recognized or controlled adjective
- having or fostering a warm or friendly and informal atmosphere adjective
- not formal adjective
- used of spoken and written language adjective