Instrument Wiki - What is the instrument?
What does the word instrument mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word instrument in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with instrument and anagrams of instrument.
Definitions of "instrument"
- A means by which something is done; an agency. noun
- One used by another to accomplish a purpose; a dupe. noun
- An implement used to facilitate work. See Synonyms at tool. noun
- A device for recording, measuring, or controlling, especially such a device functioning as part of a control system. noun
- Music A device for playing or producing music: a keyboard instrument. noun
- A legal document, such as a deed, will, mortgage, or insurance policy. noun
- To provide or equip with instruments. verb-transitive
- Music To compose or arrange for performance. verb-transitive
- To address a legal document to. verb-transitive
- A device used to produce music. noun
- A measuring or displaying device. noun
- A tool, implement used for manipulation or measurement noun
- A legal document, such as a contract, deed, trust, mortgage, power, indenture, or will. noun
- A person used as a mere tool for achieving a goal. noun
- To apply measuring devices. verb
- To devise, conceive, cook up, plan. verb
- To perform upon an instrument; to prepare for an instrument. verb
- That by means of which any work is performed, or result is effected; a tool; a utensil; an implement; a device noun
- A contrivance or implement, by which musical sounds are produced. noun