Inter Wiki - What is the inter?
What does the word inter mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word inter in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with inter and anagrams of inter.
Definitions of "inter"
- To place in a grave or tomb; bury. transitive verb
- To place in the earth and cover with it.
- Specifically To bury; inhume; place in a grave, or, by extension, in a tomb of any kind.
- A common prefix meaning ‘between’ or ‘among’ or ‘during,’ occurring in many English words taken from the Latin, either directly or through Middle English and Old French or French forms (being then in Middle English also
enter-, and so retained in some modern forms: see enter-), or formed in English on the Latin model.
- A Latin preposition meaning ‘between’ or ‘among,’ used in some Latin phrases occurring in English books, as in
inter nos(between or among ourselves), inter arma silent leges (laws are silent among arms—that is, in time of war), etc., and very common as a prefix. See inter-.
- A Middle English form of
- To deposit and cover in the earth; to bury; to inhume. transitive verb
buryin a grave. verb
- place in a grave or tomb verb