Kindergarten Wiki - What is the kindergarten?
Kindergarten (, US: (listen); from German [ˈkɪndɐˌɡaːɐ̯tn̩] (listen), literally meaning 'garden for the children') is a preschool educational approach based on playing, singing, practical activities such as drawing, and social interaction as part of the transition from home to school. Such institutions were originally created in the late 18th century in Bavaria and Strasbourg to serve children whose parents both worked outside home. The term was coined by the German Friedrich Fröbel, whose approach globally influenced early-years education. Today, the term is used in many countries to describe a variety of educational institutions and learning spaces for children ranging from two to seven years of age, based on a variety of teaching methods..
What does the word kindergarten mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word kindergarten in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with kindergarten and anagrams of kindergarten.
Definitions of "kindergarten"
- A program or class for four-year-old to six-year-old children that serves as an introduction to school. noun
- An educational institution for young children, usually between ages 4 and 6; nursery school. noun
- The elementary school grade before first grade. noun
- A class within a primary school or a separate school for young children, usually between the ages of four and six years, designed to adapt children to the classroom environment before beginning academic training, on the theory that education should be begun by gratifying and cultivating the normal aptitude for exercise, play, observation, imitation, and construction; -- a name given by Friedrich Froebel, a German educator, who introduced this method of training, in rooms opening on a garden. noun
- A school in which instruction is imparted to very young children by the use of objects and instructive games and songs, according to the system initiated by Friedrich Froebel (1782-1852) in Germany in 1840. noun
- a preschool for children age 4 to 6 to prepare them for primary school noun
The word "kindergarten" in example sentences
Part of me appreciates the process, the other part of me just feels that setting goals for kids in kindergarten is a little premature.. [Sweating The Small Stuff - Her Bad Mother]
She said kindergarten is a German word that is defined as a child's garden.. [news | LD | http://www.the-dispatch.com]
Closely allied to the kindergarten is the kitchengarden.. [Art and Handicraft in the Woman's Building of the World's Columbian Exposition, Chicago, 1893]
The first disc, Kindergarten Essentials, … This book outlines rigorous literacy instruction in kindergarten informed by observation and assessment.. [Literacy News – 880th Edition « News « Literacy News]
Segment 2: Literacy Thirty-two-thousand Utah students in kindergarten through third grade are non-proficient readers.. [Literacy News – 880th Edition « News « Literacy News]
This book outlines rigorous literacy instruction in kindergarten informed by observation and assessment.. [Literacy News – 880th Edition « News « Literacy News]
Around age 5, in kindergarten, most children are considered emergent readers.. [Literacy News – 903th Edition « News « Literacy News]
I miss common courtesy, the social graces I learned in kindergarten, and common respect for my privacy, my peace and quiet in the wee hours of the night/morning when I need to sleep, my property, and my person.. [Page 3]
My first love was in kindergarten, a little blond German-looking boy named Carl, who walked with his arms stick straight.. [What Is Love? (Baby, Don’t Hurt Me) | Her Bad Mother]
When I was in kindergarten, longer ago than I care to remember, I wandered out of the big gym where we were confined during the day.. [Archive 2009-03-01]
Mr. PARSONS: What's funny is that if my - if that open house where I was so painfully shy that my mother was upset with me was in kindergarten, my first play was in first grade and .... [Jim Parsons On The Science Of Sheldon, 'Big Bang']
This thing has got to stop before Germany becomes the joke of mankind -- the cat-o'-nine-tails for anybody who uses the word kindergarten!. [Little Journeys to the Homes of the Great - Volume 10 Little Journeys To The Homes Of Great Teachers]
He said: 'I called the kindergarten and was told that the mother had to pay the registration fees and deposit before her child could be re-admitted to school.. [The Online Citizen]
Texas, working as a long-term kindergarten substitute teacher and a full-time aide.. [columbiatribune.com stories]
When I was in kindergarten, a German word, trash talk was Ms. Plumb asking us to clean the cracker crumbs off our desk so she could read us a story.. 
I was quickly integrated into what she referred to as her "kindergarten" - a group of younger writers and academics, including Michael Bloch, Giles MacDonogh and, less frequently,. [The Guardian World News]
Kindergarten TranslatesKindergarten English to Turkish Translate
i. ana mektebi, anaokulu. kindergartner i. anaokulu öğretmeni veya öğrencisi.i. ana mektebi, anaokulu. kindergartner i. anaokulu öğretmeni veya öğrencisi.