Later Wiki - What is the later?
What does the word later mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word later in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with later and anagrams of later.
Definitions of "later"
- Subsequently; afterward. Often used with on: She arrived on the ferry, and he came later. He later felt that he was wrong. Later on, we watched a movie. adverb
- Informal Used to express goodbye. interjection
- comparative form of late: more late adverb
- Afterward in time (used with than when comparing with another time). adverb
- At some unspecified time in the future. adverb
- comparative form of late: more late adjective
- Coming afterward in time (used with than when comparing with another time). adjective
- At some time in the future. adjective
- See you later; goodbye. interjection
- Dismissive term to minimize importance of an annoying persons. interjection
- Compar. of late, a. & adv. adjective
- A brick or tile. noun
- At a subsequent time or period; afterward; hereafter: also used with (redundant) on: as, I will see you later; it may be done later on.
- at or toward an end or late period or stage of development adjective
- happening at a time subsequent to a reference time adverb
- coming at a subsequent time or stage adjective
- comparative of the adverb `late' adverb
- at some eventual time in the future adverb