Least Wiki - What is the least?
Least Little Child Less.
What does the word least mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word least in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with least and anagrams of least.
Definitions of "least"
- Lowest in importance or rank. adjective
- Smallest in magnitude or degree. adjective
- Slightest or tiniest: didn't care the least bit. adjective
- To or in the lowest or smallest degree. adverb
- One that is the lowest or smallest in importance, rank, magnitude, or degree: The dinner menu is the least of my worries tonight. The least you can do is to be polite. noun
- at least According to the lowest possible assessment; not less than: waited at least an hour. idiom
- at least In any event; anyway: You might at least answer. idiom
- in the least At all: I don't mind in the least. idiom
- least of all Particularly not: Nobody cared, least of all the manager. idiom
- Used for forming superlatives of adjectives, especially those that do not form the superlative by adding -est. adverb
- Smallest, either in size or degree; shortest; lowest; most unimportant adjective
- In the smallest or lowest degree; in a degree below all others. adverb
- See lest, conj. conjunction
- Smallest; little in size or degree, etc., beyond all others: answering as superlative to little.
- In the smallest or lowest degree; in a degree below all others: as, to reward those who least deserve it.
- An obsolete spelling of lest.
- something that is of no importance noun
- used to form the superlative adverb
- the superlative of `little' that can be used with mass nouns and is usually preceded by `the'; a quantifier meaning smallest in amount or extent or degree adjective
The word "least" in example sentences
Wait till she sends for you at least -- _at least_.. [Soldiers Three]
The teaching seems to be that for one to deliberately break even the least commandment, while he will be saved ( "The least _in the kingdom of Heaven_") yet he will have no reward ( "_The least_ in the kingdom of Heaven").. [God's Plan with Men]
At least in the countries where the greatest stress has been laid on that influence, and the greatest exertions made for it, the _least good_ has been done -- the Queen means in Spain, Portugal, and Greece.. [The Letters of Queen Victoria, Vol 2 (of 3), 1844-1853 A Selection from her Majesty's correspondence between the years 1837 and 1861]
And, considering all meals in Italy consist of at least five courses, I actually did put on some weight -- since my hair grew about a quarter-inch, I figger I gained at * least* an ounce .... [Argghhh! The Home Of Two Of Jonah's Military Guys..]
"At least," Mildred Lorimer wept, "at _least_, Stephen, make them keep it a secret!. [Play the Game!]
A somewhat tedious end to what at least is only a duology, as the good guys and bad guys at least from the point of our protagonist run around with their plotting and killing.. [Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror: A Man Rides Through - Stephen Donaldson]
It is believed to be the title least requiring explanation, if, indeed, it requires any explanation at all.. [The Pianolist A Guide for Pianola Players]
Am I wrong to suggest that attaching arguments to me that I did not make in the least is a disingenuous tactic?. [Sex and the single Marvel super heroine | Robot 6 @ Comic Book Resources – Covering Comic Book News and Entertainment]
Not the least is the need for the Federal Bureaucracy to turn the legislative language into codified regulations (all subject to hearings and review, etc).. [The Volokh Conspiracy » How to “Kill the Bill”]
I gave my attention to what I called the least unattractive of my options yeah, a double negative, might need to read that twice! because in truth, none of them looked that good.. [Manifesting Change]
Last but not the least is an expert papermodel with 300 pieces of parts that will require 30 hours to build.. [Archive 2007-10-01]
Everyone is trying to find what we call the least dirty shirt.. [CNN.com]
He withdrew from the race for the Democratic presidential nomination and returned home to endure what he called the least productive legislative session since he was elected in. [Stateline.org RSS - stories]
Clusterflock, to me at least, is a friendly community and somewhat light information source.. [Amy | clusterflock]
The crux of it, for me at least, is balancing what the reader needs to know, what the reader already knows, and what will slow down the story.. [2010 April «]
Another factor, for me at least, is reverse snobbery; I have a bad habit of ignoring “mainstream” or “literary” works out of some misplaced genre loyalty.. [2009 July «]
Least TranslatesLeast English to Turkish Translate
(s.), (z.), (i.) en ufak, en küçük, en az, en cüzi, asgari; (z.) zerre kadar, en az derecede; (i.) en az derece; en az miktar; en önemsiz kimse veya şey. least common denomi nator en küçük ortak payda; ortalama seviye. least common multiple en küçük ortak kat. at least hiç olmazsa; en azından. et the very least en aşağı, en az. not give the least sign en küçük bir işaret vermemek. line of least resistance en kolay yol. not in the least hiç, zerre kadar değil. to say the least en azından, hiç olmazsa. leastways, leastwise (z.), (leh.) en az, hiç olmazsa.(s.), (z.), (i.) en ufak, en küçük, en az, en cüzi, asgari; (z.) zerre kadar, en az derecede; (i.) en az derece; en az miktar; en önemsiz kimse veya şey. least common denomi nator en küçük ortak payda; ortalama seviye. least common multiple en küçük ortak kat. at least hiç olmazsa; en azından. et the very least en aşağı, en az. not give the least sign en küçük bir işaret vermemek. line of least resistance en kolay yol. not in the least hiç, zerre kadar değil. to say the least en azından, hiç olmazsa. leastways, leastwise (z.), (leh.) en az, hiç olmazsa.