Legendary Wiki - What is the legendary?
Legendary Legend, a genre of folklore Legendary material in Christian hagiography, a Christian literary genre.
What does the word legendary mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word legendary in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with legendary and anagrams of legendary.
Definitions of "legendary"
- Of, constituting, based on, or of the nature of a legend. adjective
- Celebrated in legend. adjective
- Extremely well known; famous or renowned. See Usage Note at legend. adjective
- Of or pertaining to a legend or to legends. adjective
- Appearing (solely) in legends. adjective
- Having the splendor of a legend; fabled. adjective
- Having unimaginable greatness; excellent adjective
- A collection of legends, in particular of lives of saints. noun
- One who relates legends. noun
- Of or pertaining to a legend or to legends; consisting of legends; like a legend; fabulous. adjective
- A book of legends; a tale or narrative. noun
- One who relates legends. noun
- Consisting of legends; like a legend; traditional; mythical; fabulous.
- A chronicle or register of the lives of the saints: same as legend, 1. noun
- A book of legends. noun
- A relater or compiler of legends. noun
- celebrated in fable or legend adjective
- so celebrated as to having taken on the nature of a legend adjective
The word "legendary" in example sentences
It is therefore more in its place in Argentile and Curan, which he calls a legendary drama, written on the old English model.. [Lives of the English Poets]
And when jazz greats, such as the Grammy Award-winning vocalist Kurt Elling, take the stage, it is easy to understand why The Green Mill is often referred to as legendary.. [Elysabeth Alfano: Behind the Scenes With Kurt Elling]
She is said to have inspired the beatnik-turned-reluctant-model character played by Audrey Hepburn in legendary fashion film Funny Face (1957).. [Lesley M. M. Blume: ICONS OF STYLE SERIES: Suzy Parker, The World's First Supermodel (PHOTOS)]
Join legendary industry creator Howard Chaykin on a thrill ride that's rung up over $1 billion in box office worldwide and become the gold standard for classic action!. [Die Hard comic chronicles John McClane’s first year | Robot 6 @ Comic Book Resources – Covering Comic Book News and Entertainment]
Sneakerous thank GOD legendary is picking this up. i have full faith after what was done with The Dark Knight.. [Legendary Pictures Producing New Godzilla Film | /Film]
I am compelled to think about certain legendary gaming moments.. [Flower's Precious Play]
Before last week, Joe Paterno was known as the legendary 84-year-old Penn State Head Football Coach who consistently led a contending football team that was produced by an honorable Penn State Football program.. [Jake Fischer: Don't Neglect Paterno's True Legacy]
Today, almost as legendary is Florida's XANADU - world's largest private pleasure ground.. [Can You Identify This Building?]
The Catholic Online website actually did add historical perspective: "The items are the missing link in legendary photographer Ansel Adams 'career -- and they're worth $200 million," it explained.. [David Schonauer: The Lost Ansel Adams Negatives: 10 Essential Plot Points]
I was referring to the legendary actress Elizabeth Hayden Carlton.. [Starlit]
If Hurley receives at least 18 of the 24 total votes from committee members, he'd join legendary coach Morgan Wootten, formerly of DeMatha Catholic High in Hyattsville, Md., as the only high school coaches in the hall.. [Super 25: Virginia's Oak Hill Academy finishes on top]
For instance, he called the legendary 1962 La Tâche “one of the greatest wines of my lifetime,” yet he gave it only 99 points.. [Investing in Liquid Assets]
The enterprise failed, and Richard compensated himself for these reverses by brilliant but useless exploits which made his name legendary among the Mohammedans.. [The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 4: Clandestinity-Diocesan Chancery]
Of these animals the fox is mentioned in Chinese legendary lore perhaps more often than any other.. [Myths and Legends of China]
During that broadcast, we called the legendary activist, ninety-three-year-old philosopher, activist, Grace Lee Boggs, to comment on this historic day.. [Democracy Now!]
There's the singer-songwriter-guitarist with the more "commercial venture," as he called legendary rock band Fleetwood Mac last night during a solo show at The Music Hall.. [JAM! Showbiz]
Legendary TranslatesLegendary English to Turkish Translate
efsanevi. masalımsı.efsanevi. masalımsı.