Luxurious Wiki - What is the luxurious?
What does the word luxurious mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word luxurious in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with luxurious and anagrams of luxurious.
Definitions of "luxurious"
- Fond of or given to luxury. adjective
- Marked by or contributing to luxury. adjective
- Of a sumptuous, costly, or rich variety. See Synonyms at sensuous. adjective
- Enjoying pleasures of luxury. adjective
- Being very fine and comfortable. adjective
- Of or pertaining to luxury; ministering to luxury; supplied with the conditions of luxury adjective
- Luxuriant; exuberant.
- Characterized by indulgence in luxury; given to luxury; voluptuous; indulging freely or excessively in material pleasures or objects of desire: as, a luxurious life; luxurious cities.
- Ministering to luxury; contributing to free or extravagant indulgence.
- A bounding in that which gratifies the senses; exuberant in means of indulgence or enjoyment; affording abundant material pleasure.
- Characterized by lust; libidinous.
- Synonyms Epicurean, self-indulgent, sensual.
- 2–4. Luxurious, Luxuriant. These words are now never synonymous. Luxurious means given to luxury or characterized by luxury : as, luxurious people; a luxurious life; a luxurious table. Luxuriant means exuberant in growth: as, the luxuriant vegetation of the tropics; by figure, a luxuriant style in composition. Luxurious implies blame, except where it is used by hyperbole for that which is exceedingly comfortable, etc.: as, a luxurious bed. Luxuriant does not come enough into the field of the moral for either praise or blame.
- displaying luxury and furnishing gratification to the senses adjective
- rich and superior in quality adjective
The word "luxurious" in example sentences
Re: [grahams] the English word luxurious is close to some vulgarity in Spanish?. [the English word luxurious is close to some vulgarity in Spanish?]
Shortcut the English word luxurious is close to some vulgarity in Spanish?. [the English word luxurious is close to some vulgarity in Spanish?]
Re: [esperanza] the English word luxurious is close to some vulgarity in Spanish?. [the English word luxurious is close to some vulgarity in Spanish?]
MexConnect. com Forums: Specific Focus: Learning Spanish: the English word luxurious is close to some vulgarity in Spanish?. [the English word luxurious is close to some vulgarity in Spanish?]
Only milk and cookies as these fine Aurorans whiled the night away in luxurious splendor and bliss.. [Aurora Housing Authority's Chronic Problem of Jericho Circle Complex to Be Demolished Summer 2010]
French Girl Knits: Innovative Techniques, Romantic Details, and Feminine Designs by Kristeen Griffin-Grimes: Superbly fitted and fashioned in luxurious yarns, these imaginative patterns follow four thematic vignettes inspired by French daily life, film, and history.. [façonner - French Word-A-Day]
All the others of her kind, mages who can twist leftover creation energy to their will, were gathered together into Enclaves long ago; and there they live in luxurious confinement, isolated from other humans and exploited for their magic.. [[INTERVIEW] Faith Hunter (Gwen Hunter) « Urban Fantasy Land]
The decor, while luxurious, is different from that of most yachts, Mr. Kaplan said.. [A Giant Yacht Sails to San Francisco - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com]
His hair billowed out in luxurious, tight strawberry curls, so from a distance he was frequently mistaken for a girl.. [Fan Fiction Update]
Peter G., yes, luxurious is exactly the right word.. [Recipes: Tajarin (Fresh Egg Yolk Tagliarini), Tajarin with White Truffles, Olive Oil, and Parmesan, & Tajarin with Sage Butter]
The statue was clothed in luxurious velvet robes embroidered with gold and pearls and wore a golden crown, much as you see her now in the Basilica.. [December In Oaxaca]
In addition, his wealth allows him not only to attire himself in luxurious silken garments but also to dazzle Rose by presenting her with splendid Chinese handicrafts — a porcelain tea kettle and a painted fan.. [The Romance of China: Excursions to China in U.S. Culture: 1776-1876]
While young men and women are dying, Halliburton execs were staying in luxurious hotels, outsourcing the work, doing crucial work often poorly and then ripping off the American people.. [03/14/2005]
Universe should reach Europa in less than four days; Bill Tee's accommodation could hardly be called luxurious, but it was infinitely preferable to most of the alternatives he could imagine.. [2061 Odyssey Three]
In many ways, indeed, his life could be called luxurious: no professor of English literature had ever ceen clothed in such garments as those he had taken from an Oxford Street furrier's.. [Of Time and Stars]
In many ways, indeed, his life could be called luxurious: no professor of English literature had ever been clothed in such garments as those he had taken from an Oxford Street furrier's.. [Reach for Tomorrow]