Magnificent Wiki - What is the magnificent?
Magnificent HMS Magnificent, Royal Navy ships HMCS Magnificent (CVL 21), a Canadian ship Magnificent!, a 1969 album by jazz pianist Barry Harris "Magnificent" (Rick Ross song) "Magnificent" (U2 song) "Magnificent", a song by Estelle from Shine.
What does the word magnificent mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word magnificent in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with magnificent and anagrams of magnificent.
Definitions of "magnificent"
- Splendid in appearance; grand: a magnificent palace. adjective
- Grand or noble in thought or deed; exalted. adjective
- Outstanding of its kind; superlative: a magnificent place for sailing. See Synonyms at grand. adjective
- Grand, elegant or splendid in appearance. adjective
- Grand or noble in action. adjective
- Exceptional for its kind. adjective
- Doing grand things; admirable in action; displaying great power or opulence, especially in building, way of living, and munificence. adjective
- Grand in appearance; exhibiting grandeur or splendor; splendid; pompous. adjective
- Great in deeds or action; especially, very liberal; munificent; generous; open-handed.
- Making a great show; possessing or pretending to greatness; stately; ostentatious.
- Grand in appearance or character; exhibiting greatness; splendid; brilliant; of extraordinary excellence: as, a magnificent building or view; a magnificent victory or poem; magnificent conceptions.
- Exhibiting greatness of size or extent: as, the preparations were upon a magnificent scale; a city of magnificent distances.
- Synonyms Superb, Splendid, etc. (see grand); imposing, august, gorgeous.
- characterized by grandeur adjective
The word "magnificent" in example sentences
Madam Newcott, kneeling in front of Caroline and intent on putting the finishing touches on what she called a magnificent creation, ignored the comment.. [Rebellious Desire]
Huc and Gabet's account of Lhassa is, I do not doubt, excellent as to particulars; but the trees which they describe as magnificent, and girdling the city, have uniformly been represented to me as poor stunted willows, apricots, poplars, and walnuts, confined to the gardens of the rich.. [Himalayan Journals — Complete]
England had been, and revered him with such enthusiasm for what she called his magnificent manhood and beneficence, as was ready on the least encouragement to have become something a good deal warmer; but whatever she did served to make her distasteful to him.. [My Young Alcides]
At a memorial service Thursday that drew some 12,000 people to the Penn State basketball arena, Jay Paterno reflected on what he called the "magnificent daylight" of his legendary father's life.. [SI.com]
Curator Joan Murray once called it a "magnificent failure" - the choppy, thickly coloured brush strokes of the water, the flat tree and hills, the clouds billowing against, not with, the wind - but don't discount the word "magnificent.". [Thestar.com - Home Page]
Few women can lay claim to the word "magnificent", but Currie is now surely one of them.. [Telegraph.co.uk - Telegraph online, Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph]
"Neville Southall could be described as magnificent if only he hadn't been so scruffy," suggests Ian Copestake.. [Wigan Athletic 0 Manchester City 1 | minute-by-minute report]
Here he found but two young heifers being tested for tuberculosis, and a magnificent Duroc Jersey boar in magnificent condition.. [CHAPTER II]
The greens of the foliage pop with vivid colors, and the idyllic, endless blue of the ocean is captured in magnificent detail.. [A PERFECT GETAWAY DVD Review – Collider.com]
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.. [MY 1916 VISIT TO JACK LONDON]
Kuhn, Hausser and Meyerhof began work in magnificent new laboratories.. [The Foundation of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Medical Research]
He lambasted the then sitting President, George "Dubya" Bush, at the White House Press Conference Dinner, as well as the press, in magnificent fashion.. [Rabid Reads: "I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert]
And in passing, as I've now finished printing off various emails and invoices that need to go to my accountant, I'd just like to point out how utterly magnificent is the massed human voice.. [Smiting chores]
SEATTLE (AP) Todd Collins 'transformation from mothballs to magnificent is over.. [Memory of Taylor stings after Redskins' loss]
The magnificent is two to three times larger than its cousins.. [mjh's blog — 2008 — July]
Enlightenment knows no cathedrals, no holy masses, no chorals or rituals in magnificent robes with which it can feed the perceptive organs of the present, the camera and the screen.. [GreenCine Daily: Shorts, 2/1.]
Magnificent TranslatesMagnificent English to Turkish Translate
s. ihtişamlı, görkemli, şaşaalı, debdebeli, tantanalı: fevkalade, nefis. magnificence i. ihtişam, görkem, azamet, debdebe. magnificently z. fevkalade olarak, mükemmel şekilde; ihtişamla.s. ihtişamlı, görkemli, şaşaalı, debdebeli, tantanalı: fevkalade, nefis. magnificence i. ihtişam, görkem, azamet, debdebe. magnificently z. fevkalade olarak, mükemmel şekilde; ihtişamla.