Main Wiki - What is the main?
What does the word main mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word main in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with main and anagrams of main.
Definitions of "main"
- Most important; principal. synonym: chief. adjective
- Exerted to the utmost; sheer. adjective
- Connected to or located near the mainmast. adjective
- Of or relating to a continuous area or stretch, as of land or water. adjective
- The chief or largest part. noun
- The principal pipe or conduit in a system for conveying water, gas, oil, or other utility. noun
- Physical strength. noun
- A mainland. noun
- The open ocean. noun
- A mainsail. noun
- A mainmast. noun
- To furl: said of sails.
- Strength; force; violent effort: now used chiefly in the phrase with might and main. noun
- That which is chief or principal; the chief or main portion; the gross; the bulk; the greater part. noun
- The principal point; that which is of most importance; the chief or principal object, aim, or effort. noun
- A broad expanse, as of space or light; unbroken extent; full sweep or stretch. noun
- Now, specifically noun