Maternal Wiki - What is the maternal?
What does the word maternal mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word maternal in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with maternal and anagrams of maternal.
Definitions of "maternal"
- Relating to or characteristic of a mother or motherhood; motherly: maternal instinct. adjective
- Inherited from one's mother: a maternal trait. adjective
- Related through one's mother: my maternal uncle. adjective
- Of or pertaining to a mother; having the characteristics of a mother, motherly. adjective
- Related through the mother, or her side of the family. adjective
- Derived from the mother as opposed to the foetus during pregnancy. adjective
- Of or pertaining to a mother; becoming to a mother; motherly adjective
- Pertaining to a mother or to motherhood; proper to a mother; motherly: as, maternal love or authority; maternal pains or cares.
- Relating to or consisting of mothers; concerning the state of motherhood: as, a maternal association; a maternal hospital.
- Coming from or through a mother; imparted by or connected with one's mother: as, a maternal inheritance; a maternal uncle or cousin; maternal ancestry or lineage.
- Of or pertaining to the country of one's birth; native; vernacular.
- Synonyms Parental, etc. See motherly.
- relating to or characteristic of or befitting a parent adjective
- characteristic of a mother adjective
- relating to or derived from one's mother adjective
- related on the mother's side adjective
The word "maternal" in example sentences
IV. ii.35 (435,9) From her maternal sap] [W: material] I suppose no reader doubts but the word should be _maternal_.. [Notes to Shakespeare, Volume III: The Tragedies]
This, my friends, is what they call maternal instinct.. [Kansas.com Blogs Master Site Feed]
If the grizzlies are united by an anti-establishment fury rooted in maternal concern, then it's fair to ask what their records show they've done for kids.. [Hear Them Growl]
Violence against women and girls, inadequate or more expensive healthcare, forced marriage, declines in maternal health, sex trafficking, and the inability to access funding for economic opportunities and education are just a few.. [Cheryl Saban: Putting Empowerment of Women and Girls on the Human Agenda]
The report is pessimistic about reduction in maternal mortality saying that although coverage of skilled-delivery care increased in 12 countries, others had little or no improvement.. [Infant and Maternal Mortality Rates Increase in India | Impact Lab]
Since then, new data have emerged suggesting not only an increase in maternal fecundity but also larger paternal family sizes for homosexuals.. [Love and Marriage]
Progress on MDG-5, for example, focused on improving maternal health, has been strong,, yet achievement of the goal, a two-thirds reduction in maternal mortality by 2015, is unlikely at this point.. [Aron Cramer: Streamlining the Millennium Development Goals for More Impact]
To put it plainly, less than half of a tenth of a percent of unsafe abortions result in maternal death.. [ProWomanProLife » If we’re going to talk numbers]
Members of the G8 can make a tangible difference in maternal and child health and Canada will be making this the top priority in June.. [ProWomanProLife » Call to action]
But should abortion be included in maternal health in the developing world?. [ProWomanProLife » BIRT the maternal health saga continues]
What more do we need to hear to know that we know that we know that those who think abortion ought to be included in maternal health are people who are pushing for expanded abortion access and nothing else?. [ProWomanProLife » Back to maternal health]
Interesting to note that while people vote and debate and talk endlessly (or so it seems) about the need to include abortion in maternal health initiatives in the Third World, a relatively simple measure that would punish those who attack pregnant women more strongly right here at home stagnates.. [ProWomanProLife » Meanwhile at home…]
Yesterday, the New York Times reported on a sharp global decline in maternal deaths.. [The Volokh Conspiracy » When Good News Isn’t Good News]
The combination of advances in maternal screening for fetal disease, fetal imaging, progress with molecular diagnosis of genetic abnormalities, gene chip technology, and the mapping and deciphering of the human genome, make it highly likely that within the next decade, nearly all human anatomic and genetic disease will be diagnosed early in gestation.. [The Center for Fetal Research]
A joint lecture program designed for our colleagues in maternal-fetal medicine, obstetrics, pediatric cardiology and neonatology. [Resources for Healthcare Professionals]
The staff has extensive clinical experience in maternal-fetal medicine, neonatology, pediatric surgical subspecialties, genetics, prenatal diagnosis, fetal imaging and anesthesia.. [Center for Fetal Research & the Fetal Diagnosis and Therapy Fellowship]