Meddle Wiki - What is the meddle?
What does the word meddle mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word meddle in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with meddle and anagrams of meddle.
Definitions of "meddle"
- To intrude into other people's affairs or business; interfere. See Synonyms at interfere. verb-intransitive
- To handle something idly or ignorantly; tamper. verb-intransitive
- To mix; to mingle. verb-intransitive
- To interest or engage one's self; to have to do; -- in a good sense. verb-intransitive
- To interest or engage one's self unnecessarily or impertinently, to interfere or busy one's self improperly with another's affairs; specifically, to handle or distrub another's property without permission; -- often followed by with or in. verb-intransitive
- To mix; to mingle. verb-transitive
- To mix; mingle.
- To be mixed or mingled; mix.
- To mingle in association or interest; concern one's self; take part; deal: generally requiring with in construction.
- To interfere or take part inappropriately, improperly, or impertinently; concern or busy one's self with or about something without necessity or warrant; act in a matter with which one has no business: used absolutely, or followed by in or with.
- intrude in other people's affairs or business; interfere unwantedly verb
The word "meddle" in example sentences
How to make doing nothing - indeed REFUSING to "meddle" - look as though it is a real act of leadership.. [OPEN THREAD]
"it's my job to meddle," is more than equipped to tackle.. [A Day Late and A Dollar Short by Terry McMillan: Questions]
My meddle is definitely being tested in the Holy Land, where people still smoke in the malls (even though it’s technically illegal, but no one cares).. [That Old Beast Nicotine, Revisited | Living the Liminal]
But that depends on how much Sony meddle, which is, I admit, a big factor.. [Marc Webb To Direct New Spider-Man Trilogy!? | /Film]
Martin Luther King invited them to meddle, which is why he repeatedly said, "The world is watching," a phrase which President Obama is now using against Iran.. [Rabbi Shmuley Boteach: Spectator of the Free World: Obama and Iran]
To meddle or not to meddle, that is not the question.... [OPEN THREAD]
It is a decent enough trade; plenty of people with fine titles meddle with it.. [Diderot and the Encyclopædists Volume II.]
Martin Luther King invited them to meddle, which is why he repeatedly said,. [Latest Articles]
There's always a risk that the politicians will meddle, which is one reason for the Bush Administration to do this now so it can insist on enough political insulation.. [sisu]
With Obama saying we shouldn't "meddle", he's taking away anything the Iranian government can say suggesting this unrest in their country is due to the United States.. [Republicans take issue with Obama on Iran]
Obama didn't want to "meddle" in the Iranian elections – but he doesn't seem to have a problem meddling with Honduras.. [Clinton to meet with deposed Honduran leader]
Few will forget how our President also initially failed to publicly support the Iranian people's uprising against Ahmadinejad's stolen election so as not to 'meddle' in internal Iranian affairs.. [Rabbi Shmuley Boteach: As the Arab Dominoes Fall, Is Gaddafi Next?]
It is our RIGHT and RESPONSIBILITY to "meddle" in his Administration's business.. [President Obama back on the fundraising circuit]
After a full week of indecision, he then decided he didn't want to "meddle" in Iran's clearly sham election of its thug leader, but within hours he called for the support and return of Zelaya, despite his illegal attempt to thwart the Honduras constitution and become dictator for life (with the support of Chavez)???. [Obama: Iraqi celebrations a testament to U.S. commitment]
A promise not to "meddle" with their internal events, like nuclear-tipped missiles testing?. [Obama applauds release of freed American journalists]
I suspect that Rep. Schock is going down to check out what is real and what is not in the mess of the Honduras coup and its aftermath -- but Jim DeMint is going down to "meddle" in the situation and to encourage the coup leaders to stand strong against the White House and the U.S. Department of State.. [Steve Clemons: Giving Aaron Schock a Pass on Honduras and DeMint]