Medium Wiki - What is the medium?
What does the word medium mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word medium in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with medium and anagrams of medium.
Definitions of "medium"
- Something, such as an intermediate course of action, that occupies a position or represents a condition midway between extremes. noun
- An intervening substance through which something else is transmitted or carried on. noun
- An agency by which something is accomplished, conveyed, or transferred. noun
- A means of mass communication, such as newspapers, magazines, radio, or television. noun
- The group of journalists and others who constitute the communications industry and profession. noun
- Any of various kinds of storage devices, such as hard drives or digital audiotape. noun
- A person thought to have the power to communicate with the spirits of the dead or with agents of another world or dimension. noun
- A surrounding environment in which something functions and thrives. noun
- The substance in which a specific organism lives and thrives. noun
- A culture medium. noun
- A specific kind of artistic technique or means of expression as determined by the materials used or the creative methods involved. noun
- The materials used in a specific artistic technique. noun
- A solvent with which paint is thinned to the proper consistency. noun
- A filtering substance, such as filter paper. noun
- A size of paper, usually 18 by 23 inches or 17.5 by 22 inches. noun
- Occurring or being between two degrees, amounts, or quantities; intermediate: synonym: average. adjective