Mild Wiki - What is the mild?
Mild Mild ale, often simply referred to as mild, from the Old English milde, meaning "young" or "immature" Håkan Mild (born 1971), Swedish former footballer and current director of sports of IFK Göteborg Hans Mild (1934–2007), Swedish football, ice hockey, and bandy player An acronym for Mnemonic induction of lucid dreams, a technique developed by Stephen LaBerge to facilitate the occurrence of lucid dreaming.
What does the word mild mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word mild in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with mild and anagrams of mild.
Definitions of "mild"
- Gentle or kind in disposition, manners, or behavior. adjective
- Moderate in type, degree, effect, or force: a mild pipe tobacco; a mild sedative. adjective
- Not extreme: a mild winter storm. adjective
- Warm and full of sunshine; pleasant: a mild spring day; mild weather in June. adjective
- Not severe or acute: a mild fever. adjective
- Easily molded, shaped, or worked; malleable: mild steel. adjective
- Texas & Virginia To diminish or decrease. Used of the wind or a storm. See Regional Note at fair1. verb-intransitive
- Gentle and not easily provoked: adjective
- A relatively low-gravity beer, often with a dark colour; mild ale noun
- Gentle; pleasant; kind; soft; bland; clement; hence, moderate in degree or quality; -- the opposite of harsh, severe, irritating, violent, disagreeable, etc.; -- applied to persons and things adjective
- Possessing softness or gentleness of disposition; soft-mannered; kindly disposed; good-tempered.
- Exercising gentleness in conduct or action; not harsh or unfeeling; considerate; conciliatory.
- Marked by softness or kindness; gentle in character, method, or appearance; manifesting or expressing mildness; mollifying; tranquil; placid: as, mild words or manners; a mild rebuke; a mild aspect.
- Gentle or moderate in force, operation, or effect; not harsh or irritating; emollient; bland; genial: as, mild medicine; mild winds; a mild remedy.
- Moderate in quality or degree; of mitigated force; weak in kind; free from harshness or roughness; hence, not hard to endure, manage, etc.: as, mild fruit; mild dissipation; mild efforts.
- Hence, new; not having gained the taste that comes by keeping: said of malt liquors: as, mild ale
- See the quotation.
- [Mild forms the first element in a number of compounds of obvious signification: for example, mild-flavored, mild-looking, mild-mannered, mild-spirited, mild-tempered.]
- To become mild.
The word "mild" in example sentences
But it wasn't until she began talking with fellow patients that she heard the term mild traumatic brain injury.. [NPR Topics: News]
Some say the term mild traumatic brain injury best describes what happens to the brain.. [NPR Topics: News]
Testing by the VA found 44,500 of 570,000 Iraq and Afghanistan vets had suffered what it called mild traumatic brain injuries.. [For Wounded Vet, Love Pierces the Fog of War]
And we separate asthma into what we refer to as mild intermittent.. [CNN Transcript May 5, 2002]
He has twice before been treated for this mild, what he calls mild heart attacks, and again, at the close of campaign had this catheterization procedure and has been told to change his diet a bit.. [CNN Transcript - Breaking News: Vice President Cheney Checked into Hospital for Chest Pains - March 5, 2001]
"Well, you know your father has never much approved of gambling, beyond what he calls a mild flutter; so when he found she was throwing away several thousands a year ----". [Juggernaut]
Father Biard (1611) has left us an interesting account of this tribe, which he characterized as mild and peaceful in temperament.. [The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 10: Mass Music-Newman]
WASHINGTON Reuters - The head of Standard & Poor's sovereign ratings, David Beers told "Fox News Sunday" he did not expect "that much impact" when global markets open on Monday due to what he called a "mild deterioration" in the U.S. credit standing to AA-plus from top-tier AAA.. [Yahoo! News: Business - Opinion]
"He has what we call mild cognitive impairment," Murray said.. [SI.com]
Three people sitting near us were listening and one of them mouthed the word "mild" to me.. [NYT > Home Page]
He played the rest of the season with what he described as mild concussion symptoms, mainly headaches.. [NYT > Home Page]
At a news conference on the Indonesian island of Bali, Panetta said he appreciated what he characterized as a mild Chinese response to the arms deal.. [Yahoo! News: Business - Opinion]
At a news conference on the Indonesian resort island of Bali, Panetta said he appreciated what he characterized as a mild Chinese response to the latest arms deal.. [SFGate: Don Asmussen: Bad Reporter]
Stern, of course, used to host the 92.3 FM morning show, while Cannon was returning to the air after a long break to recover from what he called mild kidney failure.. [NYDN Rss]
Pirates 'second baseman said Saturday in the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum visitors' clubhouse, barely 19 hours after sustaining what he called a mild concussion in a collision with outfielder. [post-gazette.com - News]
Matt Lindstrom, who is eligible to come off the disabled list on Aug. 31 against St. Louis, will throw a bullpen session today as his back strain has cooled to what he described as mild irritation.. [chron.com Chronicle]
Mild TranslatesMild English to Turkish Translate
s. kibar, nazik; yumuşak, zarif; ılımlı; hafif. mildly z. kibarca; biraz. mildness i. nezaket; ılımlılık.s. kibar, nazik; yumuşak, zarif; ılımlı; hafif. mildly z. kibarca; biraz. mildness i. nezaket; ılımlılık.