Model Wiki - What is the model?
Model, modeling or modelling Conceptual model, a representation of a system using general rules and concepts Physical model or plastic model, a physical representation in three dimensions of an object, such as a globe or model airplane Scale model, a representation of an object which maintains general relationships between its constituent aspects Architectural model, a scale model for studying aspects of an architectural design or to communicate design ideas Scientific model, a simplified and idealized understanding of physical systems .
What does the word model mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word model in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with model and anagrams of model.
Definitions of "model"
- A small object, usually built to scale, that represents in detail another, often larger object. noun
- A preliminary work or construction that serves as a plan from which a final product is to be made: a clay model ready for casting. noun
- Such a work or construction used in testing or perfecting a final product: a test model of a solar-powered vehicle. noun
- A schematic description of a system, theory, or phenomenon that accounts for its known or inferred properties and may be used for further study of its characteristics: a model of generative grammar; a model of an atom; an economic model. noun
- A style or design of an item: My car is last year's model. noun
- One serving as an example to be imitated or compared: a model of decorum. See Synonyms at ideal. noun
- One that serves as the subject for an artist, especially a person employed to pose for a painter, sculptor, or photographer. noun
- A person employed to display merchandise, such as clothing or cosmetics. noun
- Zoology An animal whose appearance is copied by a mimic. noun
- To make or construct a model of. verb-transitive
- To plan, construct, or fashion according to a model. verb-transitive
- To make conform to a chosen standard: He modeled his manners on his father's. verb-transitive
- To make by shaping a plastic substance: modeled a bust from clay. verb-transitive
- To form (clay, for example) into a shape. verb-transitive
- To display by wearing or posing. verb-transitive
- In painting, drawing, and photography, to give a three-dimensional appearance to, as by shading or highlighting. verb-transitive
- To make a model. verb-intransitive
- To serve or work as a model. verb-intransitive
- Being, serving as, or used as a model. adjective
The word "model" in example sentencesNo examples found!
Model TranslatesModel English to Turkish Translate
i., s. örnek, model, numune; kalıp, şekil; resim, plan; örnek tutulacak kimse; manken; s. numune veya model olan; örnek tutulmaya lâyık.i., s. örnek, model, numune; kalıp, şekil; resim, plan; örnek tutulacak kimse; manken; s. numune veya model olan; örnek tutulmaya lâyık.