Mutual Wiki - What is the mutual?
What does the word mutual mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word mutual in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with mutual and anagrams of mutual.
Definitions of "mutual"
- Directed and received by each toward the other; reciprocal. adjective
- Having the same relationship to each other. adjective
- Possessed in common. adjective
- Of, relating to, or in the form of mutual insurance. adjective
- A mutual fund. noun
- Based on the principle of mutuality in sharing both burdens and benefits: as, a mutual insurance company.
- Reciprocally given and received; pertaining alike or reciprocally to both sides; interchanged: as, mutual love; to entertain a mutual aversion.
- Equally relating to or affecting two or more together; common to two or more combined; depending on, proceeding from, or exhibiting a certain community of action; shared alike.
- Common: used in this sense loosely and improperly (but not infrequently, and by many writers of high rank), especially in the phrase a mutual friend.
- Reciprocally acting or related; reciprocally receiving and giving; reciprocally given and received; reciprocal; interchanged adjective
- Possessed, experienced, or done by two or more persons or things at the same time; common; joint adjective
- agreement among a number of persons to insure each other against loss, as by fire, death, or accident. adjective
- one which does a business of insurance on the mutual principle, the policy holders sharing losses and profits
pro rata. adjective
- Having the
same relationship, eachto each other. adjective Reciprocal. adjective Possessedin common. adjective
- Owned by the members. adjective
- A mutual
fund, etc. noun