Mutual Wiki - What is the mutual?
Mutual Mutual organization, where as customers derive a right to profits and votes Mutual information, the intersection of multiple information sets Mutual insurance, where policyholders have certain "ownership" rights in the organization Mutual fund, a professionally managed form of collective investments Mutual Film, early American motion picture conglomerate, the producers of some of Charlie Chaplin's greatest comedies Mutual Broadcasting System, a defunct U.S. radio network Mutual Improvement Association, the name of two youth programs run by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Mutual authentication, used in cryptographyPlace namesMutual, Maryland, a community in the United States Mutual, Ohio, a village in the United States Mutual, Oklahoma, a town in the United States Mutual railway station in Cape Town, South Africa.
What does the word mutual mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word mutual in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with mutual and anagrams of mutual.
Definitions of "mutual"
- Having the same relationship each to the other: mutual predators. adjective
- Directed and received by each toward the other; reciprocal: mutual respect. adjective
- Possessed in common: mutual interests. adjective
- Of, relating to, or in the form of mutual insurance. adjective
- A mutual fund. noun
- Having the same relationship, each to each other. adjective
- Reciprocal. adjective
- Possessed in common. adjective
- Owned by the members. adjective
- A mutual fund, etc. noun
- Reciprocally acting or related; reciprocally receiving and giving; reciprocally given and received; reciprocal; interchanged adjective
- Possessed, experienced, or done by two or more persons or things at the same time; common; joint adjective
- Reciprocally given and received; pertaining alike or reciprocally to both sides; interchanged: as, mutual love; to entertain a mutual aversion.
- Equally relating to or affecting two or more together; common to two or more combined; depending on, proceeding from, or exhibiting a certain community of action; shared alike.
- Common: used in this sense loosely and improperly (but not infrequently, and by many writers of high rank), especially in the phrase a mutual friend.
- Based on the principle of mutuality in sharing both burdens and benefits: as, a mutual insurance company.
- common to or shared by two or more parties adjective
- concerning each of two or more persons or things; especially given or done in return adjective
The word "mutual" in example sentences
Ms. IRMA THOMAS (Singer): We've been what you call mutual admirers of each other's talent for a long time.. [Tracy Nelson Relights Her Fire In 'Victim of the Blues']
And one of the things we've got to do is to understand that we've got to strengthen security in small-town America, as well, by helping smaller communities and smaller counties develop what we call mutual aid agreements.. [CNN Transcript Mar 27, 2002]
In this sense, this is what I call mutual concessions, if we could change the terms, that is, and make an honorable agreement in which both parties assume similar commitments.. [28 JULY NEWS CONFERENCE WITH U.S. NEWSMEN]
Following this afternoon's practice at Winter Park, Vikings coach Leslie Frazier spoke to reporters about McNabb's departure, which he called a mutual decision that was best for both parties.. [StarTribune.com rss feed]
Transatlantic and Allied World called off their deal in mid-September, without specifying a reason for what they described as a mutual decision.. 
I brought the old lady and Kitty to town with me, on what I call the mutual sight-seeing principle.. [Miles Wallingford Sequel to "Afloat and Ashore"]
We were contacted by another county for what we call mutual aid, which means they needed a little bit of assistance.. [Tennessean.com Dickson]
The Memphis Grizzlies announced Monday in a statement that the team has ended its one-year contract with the 10-time All-Star and former league MVP in what it called a mutual agreement.. [BallHype - Top Sports News, Videos, and Blogs]
Memphis announced Monday that the team has ended its one-year contract with the 10-time All-Star and former league MVP in what it called a mutual agreement.. [TheState.com: The Buzz]
He and team officials later reached what they called a mutual decision that he be waived and days later, the New York Knicks, a reported suitor, said he did not fit into their rebuilding plans.. [Latest News - UPI.com]
Investors pulled an estimated $16.94 billion from long-term mutual funds in the week ended Aug. 3, as investors pulled money from each fund category, led by U.S. equities and bond funds, according to the Investment Company Institute.. [Stock, Bond Funds Hit by Withdrawals]
Investors added a net $836 million to long-term mutual funds in the latest week, as they put more money in bond and hybrid funds than they withdrew from equities, according to the Investment Company Institute.. [Funds Draw In Cash]
Nevertheless, long-term mutual funds had estimated net inflows of $11.6 billion in the latest week as investors added money across all fund categories, according to data released Wednesday by the Investment Company Institute.. [Stocks Continue Surprising Rally]
Long-term mutual funds had estimated net outflows of $9.24 billion in the latest week, led by steep declines in equity funds, according to the Investment Company Institute.. [Equity Fund Outflows]
Long-term mutual funds had estimated net buying of $13.17 billion for the fifth consecutive week as investors added money to fund categories across the board, according to the Investment Company Institute.. [Stock Funds Gain Assets]
Investors added a net $11.6 billion to long-term mutual funds in the latest week, with money coming in across all fund categories, according to Investment Company Institute estimates.. [Mutual Funds Draw Cash]
Mutual TranslatesMutual English to Turkish Translate
s. iki taraflı, karşılıklı; ortak, müşterek. mutual friend müşterek dost. mutual fund bak. fund. mutual insurance karşılıklı sigorta, karın belirli bir kısmının poliçe hamiline ödenmesini gerek- tiren sigorta. mutual love karşılıklı sevgi. mutuality i. mukabele, karşılıklı olma. mutually z. karşılıklı.s. iki taraflı, karşılıklı; ortak, müşterek. mutual friend müşterek dost. mutual fund bak. fund. mutual insurance karşılıklı sigorta, karın belirli bir kısmının poliçe hamiline ödenmesini gerek- tiren sigorta. mutual love karşılıklı sevgi. mutuality i. mukabele, karşılıklı olma. mutually z. karşılıklı.