Net Wiki - What is the net?
What does the word net mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word net in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with net and anagrams of net.
Definitions of "net"
- An openwork fabric made of threads or cords that are woven or knotted together at regular intervals. noun
- Something made of openwork fabric, especially. noun
- A device for capturing birds, fish, or insects. noun
- A barrier against flying insects. noun
- A mesh for holding the hair in place. noun
- Something that entraps; a snare. noun
- A fine mesh fabric used as curtain or dress material or as the foundation for various laces. noun
- A barrier of meshwork cord or rope strung between two posts to divide a court in half, as in tennis and badminton. noun
- A ball that is hit into this meshwork barrier. noun
- The goal in soccer, hockey, and lacrosse. noun
- The cord meshwork attached to the hoop of a basket in basketball. noun
- A meshed network of lines, figures, or fibers. noun
- A complex, interconnected group or system, as. noun
- The Internet. noun
- A radio, television, or telephone network. noun
- To catch or ensnare in a net. transitive verb
- To acquire or obtain. transitive verb