Net Wiki - What is the net?
What does the word net mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word net in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with net and anagrams of net.
Definitions of "net"
- Remaining after all deductions have been made, as for expenses. adjective
- Remaining after tare is deducted. adjective
- Ultimate; final. adjective
- A net amount, as of profit or weight. noun
- The main point; the essence. noun
- To bring in or yield as profit. transitive verb
- To clear as profit. transitive verb
- An openwork fabric made of threads or cords that are woven or knotted together at regular intervals. noun
- Something made of openwork fabric, especially. noun
- A device for capturing birds, fish, or insects. noun
- A barrier against flying insects. noun
- A mesh for holding the hair in place. noun
- Something that entraps; a snare. noun
- A fine mesh fabric used as curtain or dress material or as the foundation for various laces. noun
- A barrier of meshwork cord or rope strung between two posts to divide a court in half, as in tennis and badminton. noun
- A ball that is hit into this meshwork barrier. noun
- The goal in soccer, hockey, and lacrosse. noun