Neutral Wiki - What is the neutral?
What does the word neutral mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word neutral in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with neutral and anagrams of neutral.
Definitions of "neutral"
- Not aligned with, supporting, or favoring either side in a war, dispute, or contest. adjective
- Belonging to neither side in a controversy. adjective
- Belonging to neither kind; not one thing or the other. adjective
- Sexless; neuter. adjective
- Of or relating to a solution or compound that is neither acidic nor alkaline. adjective
- Of or relating to a compound that does not ionize in solution. adjective
- Of or relating to a particle, an object, or a system that has neither positive nor negative electric charge. adjective
- Of or relating to a particle, object, or system that has a net electric charge of zero. adjective
- Of or indicating a color, such as gray, black, or white, that lacks hue; achromatic. adjective
- Pronounced with the tongue in a middle position, neither high nor low, as the a in around. adjective
- A nation nonaligned with either side in a war. noun
- A citizen of such a nation. noun
- One who takes no side in a controversy. noun
- A neutral hue. noun
- A position in which a set of gears is disengaged so that power cannot be transmitted. noun
- In the condition of one who refrains from taking sides in a contest or dispute; taking no active part with either of two contestants or belligerents; not engaged on or interfering with either side.