Occasional Wiki - What is the occasional?
occasional wiki coming soon..
What does the word occasional mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word occasional in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with occasional and anagrams of occasional.
Definitions of "occasional"
- Occurring from time to time. See Synonyms at periodic. adjective
- Not habitual; infrequent: took an occasional glass of wine. adjective
- Created for a special occasion: occasional verse. adjective
- Intended for use as the occasion requires: an occasional chair. adjective
- Acting as a cause. adjective
- Acting in a specified capacity from time to time: an occasional hunter. adjective
- Occurring or appearing irregularly from time to time. adjective
- Not very often. adjective
- Created for a specific occasion. adjective
- Intended for use as the occasion requires. adjective
- Acting in the indicated role from time to time. adjective
- Occuring at times, but not constant, regular, or systematic; made or happening as opportunity requires or admits; casual; incidental. adjective
- Produced by accident. adjective
- Of or pertaining to an occasion or to occasions; intended for a specific occasion; for use only when needed, and not regularly. adjective
- Of occasion; incidental; hence, occurring from time to time, but without regularity or system; made, happening, or recurring as opportunity requires or admits: as, an occasional smile; an occasional fit of coughing.
- Called forth, produced, or used on some special occasion or event; suited for a particular occasion: as, an occasional discourse.
- That serves as or constitutes the occasion or indirect cause; causal.
- A production caused by or adapted to some special occurrence, or the circumstances of the moment; an extemporaneous composition. noun
- occurring or appearing at usually irregular intervals adjective
The word "occasional" in example sentences
Obviously there's a market for the occasional brick, but that's definitely *occasional*, and probably not a lot of people are going to get their bricks published as their *first* books.. [Boom, goes the brick!]
Henrik Jansson reviews Swedish author Pia Hintze's new novel Älskling in Hbl, and although he has some reservations about what he calls the occasional "chattiness" of the style, he points to Hintze's ability to uncover and portray the reality of relationships and new parenthood in a way that's unusual, as it tears away the layers of social convention and secrecy that still surround many of the issues involved.. [Archive 2009-07-01]
Sweetie (that's what you call your occasional traveling companion when you know you're stepping outside his comfort zone) - the landlord for that rental next week?. [The Other Side of the Ocean]
As the English word "occasional" often implies no more than. [The German Classics of the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, Volume 02 Masterpieces of German Literature Translated into English. in Twenty Volumes]
Maybe that's why She puts in occasional appearances here on earth.. [Recycling]
He would then only be able to relate to God in occasional fragmentary attempts.. [Pope Benedict XVI]
Hauck also throws in occasional tastes of irony, some obvious and others a bit more subtle.. [Book Review: Pistonhead by Thomas A. Hauck « A Progressive on the Prairie]
Returning westward again, and scooping in occasional isolated magazines on the high ground back from the shore, he blew up three cruisers and the battleships Oregon, Delaware, New Hampshire, and Florida — the latter had just gone into dry-dock, and the magnificent dry-dock was destroyed along with her.. [THE ENEMY OF ALL THE WORLD]
Many construction marketing and PR people are naturally gregarious with address books detailing numerous friends, colleagues and contacts that they keep in occasional touch with – maybe sending a Christmas card each year.. [Ten things to manage in a recession: 1 – memberships « pwcom 2.0]
Ehrlich got in occasional jabs on taxes and a few other issues, but scored no body blows or knockout punches.. [First Click, MarylandThe facts behind the debate's DNA claims]
She preferred to be called Teen, but I could only call her Mom, or in occasional shock, Mother!. [mjh's blog — 2010 — January]
But Blackwell and his family will share their journey, documenting the course of the disease in occasional news stories in USA TODAY.. [Family shares journey after early Alzheimer's diagnosis]
You have probably run across tokens of it in occasional editorials that quote examination questions once asked of public schools students.. [The age of educational romanticism « Isegoria]
They addressed the court in short occasional speeches in. [Pilgrimage from the Alps to the Tiber Or The Influence of Romanism on Trade, Justice, and Knowledge]
About one fifth of the board's 400 occasional teachers are retirees, and long-term occasional rates start after 15 days, said human resources manager Doug Cruickshank.. [London Free Press]
"The 50-day limit is going to open up more opportunities, I think, for the new graduates because 50 days is less than a term," said Minister of Education Leona Dombrowsky, who added that many long-term occasional supply contracts last a full term or semester and that under the new limits retirees will be prevented from working many of these jobs.. [The Globe and Mail - Home RSS feed]
Occasional TranslatesOccasional English to Turkish Translate
(s.) ara sıra meydana gelen, fırsat düştükçe yapılan; belirli bir fırsat dolayısıyle yapılan. occasional chair takımdan ayrı sandalye. occasionally (z.) ara sıra, bazen.(s.) ara sıra meydana gelen, fırsat düştükçe yapılan; belirli bir fırsat dolayısıyle yapılan. occasional chair takımdan ayrı sandalye. occasionally (z.) ara sıra, bazen.
News about occasional
The Case for Salting Your Ice Cream
I grew up in a family of ice cream enthusiasts. My dad has always been a staunch supporter of Ben & Jerry’s, and a veritable super fan of Chubby Hubby—you know, the one with peanut butter and, more importantly, salty pretzels. Read more...
The Best Windows and Mac Bundles for Heavy Discounts on Apps and Games
App bundles are a great way to save a not-so-insignificant amount of money on fistfuls of useful apps and games at once. The concept is easy to understand: A developer or a third-party storefront packs a bunch of interesting software into a digital box and se…
How to Donate or Sell Used Legos
A recent Facebook post from a childhood friend got my attention: “Anyone looking to get rid of legos?” I had just that day been assigned a story on how to recycle or pass on used LEGOs, so of course I immediately thought of one of my favorite words, which in …