Oleaster Wiki - What is the oleaster?
What does the word oleaster mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word oleaster in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with oleaster and anagrams of oleaster.
Definitions of "oleaster"
- Any of various small trees or shrubs of the family Elaeagnaceae, having olivelike fruit and silvery or brown scales on the stems and leaves, especially one of the genus Elaeagnus, such as Russian olive or silverberry. noun
- The true wild olive, Olea Oleaster. noun
- Any plant of the genus Elæagnus, especially E. angustifolia, also called
wild olive. noun
- The wild olive tree (
Olea Europea, var. sylvestris). noun
- Any species of the genus Elæagus. See
eleagnus. The small silvery berries of the common species ( Elæagnus hortensis) are called Trebizond dates, and are made into cakes by the Arabs. noun
- A plant in the family Elaeagnaceae, noun
olivetrees that have re-naturalized, sometimes treated as a species Olea oleaster, the wild olive. noun
- any of several shrubs of the genus Elaeagnus having silver-white twigs and yellow flowers followed by olivelike fruits noun