Ottoman Wiki - What is the ottoman?
Ottoman Ottoman Empire, in existence from 1299 to 1923 Ottoman Caliphate, claimant to an Islamic caliphate from 1362 to 1924 Ottoman dynasty, ruling family of the Ottoman Empire Osmanoğlu family, modern members of the family Ottoman Turks, the Turkic ethnic group in the Ottoman Empire Ottoman Greeks, the Greek ethnic group in the Ottoman Empire Ottoman Armenians, the Armenian ethnic group in the Ottoman Empire Ottoman Serbs, the Serbian ethnic group in the Ottoman Empire Ottoman Turkish language Ottoman (furniture), padded stool or footstool Ottoman (textile), fabric with a pronounced ribbed or corded effect, often made of silk or a mixture.
What does the word ottoman mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word ottoman in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with ottoman and anagrams of ottoman.
Definitions of "ottoman"
- An upholstered sofa or divan without arms or a back. noun
- An upholstered low seat or cushioned footstool. noun
- A heavy silk or rayon fabric with a corded texture, usually used for coats and trimmings. noun
- An upholstered sofa, without arms or a back, sometimes with a compartment for storing linen, etc. noun
- A low stool or thick cushion used to rest the feet or as a seat. noun
- A fabric with a pronounced ribbed or corded effect, often made of silk or a mixture . noun
- Of or pertaining to the Turks. adjective
- A Turk. noun
- A stuffed seat without a back, originally used in Turkey. noun
- Pertaining to that branch of the Turks to which belong the founders and ruling class of the Turkish or Ottoman empire.
- One of that branch of the Turks which founded and rule the Turkish empire. noun
- A piece of furniture forming a seat or seats, used in a drawing-room or sitting-room. noun
- A corded silk having large cords; a kind of gros-grain. Compare faille, 3. noun
- a Turk (especially a Turk who is a member of the tribe of Osman I) noun
- the Turkish dynasty that ruled the Ottoman Empire from the 13th century to its dissolution after World War I noun
- of or relating to the Ottoman Empire or its people or its culture adjective
- a low seat or a stool to rest the feet of a seated person noun
- thick cushion used as a seat noun
The word "ottoman" in example sentences
Awsome, love it. kast on 03 Feb 2009 at 6: 11 pm # the ottoman is very colourful stripey … love it. .and i love the green rug too, like the fotball field ... [Harbour House by SJB Architects]
Matthew Hilton has taken inspiration for the Berwick lounge chair and ottoman from the elegance and subtlety found in the work of Vico Magistretti.. [The Berwick armchair & ottoman from SCP]
By the window I have my writing chair and ottoman, which is where I work, and to one side of the chair, w/in arms 'reach, is a floor to ceiling bookshelf.. [changing space]
On the ottoman were a feather, a fan, and a deck of cards.. [Handle with Care]
On the ottoman was a stack of magazines; Stone began to go through them.. [The Short Forever]
The thought of constantly dragging furniture out of the way made a serious dent in our motivation, so putting wheels on our ottoman was a huge help in setting up a usable workout space (Check back tomorrow and we'll show you step-by-step how we did it).. [Apartment Therapy Main]
Contrast that to an ottoman, which is a rigid and usually barrel-like form completely covered with fabric, leather, embroidery, or beading -- more like a caramel-filled chocolate.. [TREND HUNTER - The Latest Trends]
The ottoman was a slice of gravy, the chair on the other hand was a tight fit!. [Baltiblogs]
Practical and stylish, the ottoman is a popular option in interiors today.. [Cayman Net News Daily Headlines]
The ottoman should be the same width as the inside of the love seat.. 
I also need some kind of ottoman -- keeping my feet up is a good idea.. [Sometimes I wake up and wonder what world this is]
I went over and sat on a low red kind of ottoman thing.. [The Little Mornings]
Laying his hat and cane on the "ottoman," (an old soap box costumed in faded chinz), the doctor entered the room and approached the bed of the sick man.. [Honor Edgeworth Ottawa's Present Tense]
The servant lifted off a kind of ottoman a long peacock-blue drapery, rather of the nature of a domino, on the front of which was emblazoned. [The Man Who Was Thursday]
The servant lifted off a kind of ottoman a long peacock-blue drapery, rather of the nature of a domino, on the front of which was emblazoned a large golden sun, and which was splashed here and there with flaming stars and crescents.. [The Six Philosophers]
Seated on a kind of ottoman, directly in front of the looking-glass, she was holding an animated conversation with _herself_, wearing a large white antimacassar -- one of those crocheted things all in wheels -- pinned under her chin and falling away at the back like a cloak, and upon her head -- the wonderful scarlet hat!. [Crowded Out! and Other Sketches]
Ottoman TranslatesOttoman English to Turkish Translate
i. divan; arkasız minderli iskemle; fitilli bir çeşit ipekli veya yünlü ipekli kumaş.i. divan; arkasız minderli iskemle; fitilli bir çeşit ipekli veya yünlü ipekli kumaş.