Pear Wiki - What is the pear?
The pear () tree and shrub are a species of genus Pyrus , in the family Rosaceae, bearing the pomaceous fruit of the same name. Several species of pear are valued for their edible fruit and juices while others are cultivated as trees..
What does the word pear mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word pear in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with pear and anagrams of pear.
Definitions of "pear"
- A widely cultivated tree (Pyrus communis) in the rose family, having glossy leaves, white flowers grouped in a corymb, and edible fruit. noun
- The fruit of this tree, spherical at the base and tapering toward the stalk. noun
- An edible fruit produced by the pear tree, similar to an apple but elongated towards the stem. noun
- A type of fruit tree (Pyrus communis). noun
- The wood of the pear tree. noun
- choke pear (a torture device) noun
- The fleshy pome, or fruit, of a rosaceous tree (Pyrus communis), cultivated in many varieties in temperate climates; also, the tree which bears this fruit. See Pear family, below. noun
- An obsolete form of peer.
- The fruit of the pear-tree. noun
- The tree Pyruts communis. noun
- A pear-shaped pearl, as for the pendant of an ear-ring. Evelyn, Mundus Muliebris noun
- Old World tree having sweet gritty-textured juicy fruit; widely cultivated in many varieties noun
- sweet juicy gritty-textured fruit available in many varieties noun
The word "pear" in example sentences
The prickly pear is ideal food for the Collared Peccary due to its high water content.. [Archive 2009-06-01]
A ripe pear is juicy and tender, and no matter how tasty, it can be difficult to imagine a ripe pear holding up as well as an apple in a pie or cobbler or other fruit-heavy dish.. [Pear and Cranberry Cobbler | Baking Bites]
Hawaiian pear is now fully ripe and this is the golden hour for the United States to pluck it.. [James Houston discusses Bird of Another Heaven]
Add the fennel and pear, saute until the pear is soft.. [A little seasonal inspiration… at]
Like a melting snowflake, the perfectly ripe pear is a fleeting thing.. [Tender delights]
I love the pear in this, the last few pear cake recipes I've seen have pureed the pear but I love when the pear is in chunks - you just appreciate the pear flavour better I think.. [Recipe for Pear Pecan Cake with Lemon Glaze (Κέικ με Aχλάδια και Πεκάν)]
For whom love might be no more than open-arse and poperin pear?. [They Had Me At ‘Scrotum’ | Her Bad Mother]
Bake for about 20-30 minutes, until the pear is very tender.. [Archive 2006-10-01]
A pear is just a pear, except when it is also a laser-coded information delivery system with advanced security clearance.. [Boing Boing: July 17, 2005 - July 23, 2005 Archives]
This body type is commonly referred to as pear-shaped, but I don't think it does anyone any good to compare herself to fruits or vegetables - unless we're discussing Paris Hilton's mental acuity.. [Original Signal - Transmitting Buzz]
The pear is Whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn’t been cut in any way.. [This is a Quiz for People Who Know Everything « You Got to be Kidding's Blog]
Incidentally, Tooti’s engravings are done in pear-wood or beech, her woodcuts mostly in birch.. [Archive 2005-06-19]
The pear was a perfect addition to the salad and getting a bite with proscuitto, pear and escarole was delightful.. [Archive 2009-02-01]
The Indian market is flooded with pears from all over the world but the China pear or the Ya pear was my choice for the flesh, juiciness and the aroma.. [Baked Pears]
A fleshiness ill-placed, in other words, a pear-shaped stomach, altered the once elegant proportions of the ex-young man.. [A Start in Life]
At the top of the pear was an enormous head, in the shape of a rugby ball, and this rugby-ball head was disastrously covered with orange-brown freckles, like an overripe banana.. [Wake Up, Sir!]
Pear TranslatesPear English to Turkish Translate
i. armut; armut ağacı, bot. Pyrus communis. wild pear ahlat.i. armut; armut ağacı, bot. Pyrus communis. wild pear ahlat.