Permanent Wiki - What is the permanent?
Permanent (mathematics) is a concept in linear algebra. Permanent may also refer to:.
What does the word permanent mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word permanent in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with permanent and anagrams of permanent.
Definitions of "permanent"
- Lasting or remaining without essential change: "the universal human yearning for something permanent, enduring, without shadow of change” ( Willa Cather). adjective
- Not expected to change in status, condition, or place: a permanent address; permanent secretary to the president. adjective
- Any of several long-lasting hair styles usually achieved by chemical applications which straighten, curl, or wave the hair. noun
- Without end, eternal. adjective
- Lasting for an indefinitely long time. adjective
- A chemical hair treatment imparting or removing curliness, whose effects typically last for a period of weeks; a perm. noun
- Given an matrix , the sum over all permutations of . noun
- Continuing in the same state, or without any change that destroys form or character; remaining unaltered or unremoved; abiding; durable; fixed; stable; lasting. adjective
- Lasting or intended to last indefinitely; fixed or enduring in character, condition, state, position, occupation, use, or the like; remaining or intended to remain unchanged or unremoved; not temporary or subject to change; abiding: as, a permanent building; permanent colors; permanent employment; permanent possession.
- In zoology, always present in a species or group.
- In the plural, a general name for light cotton cloth, sometimes glazed and generally dyed in bright colors. noun
- continuing or enduring without marked change in status or condition or place adjective
- not capable of being reversed or returned to the original condition adjective
- a series of waves in the hair made by applying heat and chemicals noun
The word "permanent" in example sentences
The _true stories_ of the pioneer wives and mothers are often as interesting as any work of fiction, and need no embellishment from the imagination of a writer, because they are crowded with incidents and situations as thrilling as those which form the staple out of which novels are fabricated; love and adventure, hair-breadth escapes, heart-rending tragedies on the frontier, are thus woven into a narrative of absorbing and permanent interest, _permanent_ because it is part of the history and biography of America.. [Woman on the American Frontier]
The phrase 'permanent record' seems to be taking on a whole new meaning nowadays.. [Susannah Meyer: Privacy Rights in the Digital Age]
He quickly became "interim" CEO, making the title permanent a few years later in 2000.. [William Bradley: Steve Jobs: Hardly a Perfect Person, Perhaps a Perfect Icon]
The wording of any ETA statement will be scrutinized for commitments to disarm since the group has used the term "permanent" ceasefire in the past, then returned to violence.. [Reuters: Press Release]
3. The term "permanent CEO" is almost an oxymoron at Hewlett Packard, a company whose board has fired three CEOs in six years.. [BusinessWeek.com -- Top News]
ETA Monday declared what it calls a permanent cease-fire that it says can be internationally verified.. [Spain's PM Rejects ETA Cease-Fire]
There have been suggestions that the misunderstanding was born of the manager misconstruing the meaning of the word "permanent".. [Chelsea fans salute the 'one England captain' but John Terry must wait | Dominic Fifield]
He stressed that the key to winning was what he called a "permanent pedagogy" to convince people that the war on the cartels is "a necessary fight, not a partisan cause.". [The Mexican Paradox]
The marketing obsession with instant gratification and self-glorification has led to a culture of what I call permanent adolescence.. [Chris Martenson, Ph.D.: Straight Talk with Charles Hugh Smith: Why The Status Quo Is Unsustainable]
"Iran's telecommunications agency announced what it described as a permanent suspension of Google's e-mail services, saying instead that a national e-mail service for Iranian citizens would soon be rolled out," the Journal reports.. [RSSMicro Search - Top News on RSS Feeds]
Mellman, who coined the term permanent war economy to characterize the American economy, wrote that since the end of the Second World War, the federal government has spent more than half its tax dollars on past, current, and future military operations.. [The Disease of Permanent War]
He was known for his work on what he called a permanent war economy and he feared that this new war would further erode our economy with perpetual wasteful and ineffective defense spending.. [Dina Rasor: Out of Control Costs of the Iraq War: The Bridge to Nowhere]
Congress, telling American lawmakers the United States must take the lead in creating what he called a permanent peace between Israel and the Palestinians, and quickly, he says.. [CNN Transcript Mar 7, 2007]
My orthodontist installed what they called a permanent retainer on my four middle teeth on the top row as well as my six middle teeth on the bottom.. [How I Lost My Retainer, Let Me Count The Ways]
The Iranian leader also said Israel is what he called a permanent threat to the Middle East that will be annihilated.. [CNN Transcript Apr 14, 2006]
He was always very great upon what he called the permanent things.. [The Food of the Gods and how it came to Earth]
Permanent TranslatesPermanent English to Turkish Translate
s. sürekli, daimi, aynı halde veya vasıfta kalan. permanent press ütü istemez. permanent wave permanant, bozulmayan. ondule permanence, -cy i. süreklilik, devam, sebat, istikrar. permanently z. sürekli olarak, daima, her zaman için.s. sürekli, daimi, aynı halde veya vasıfta kalan. permanent press ütü istemez. permanent wave permanant, bozulmayan. ondule permanence, -cy i. süreklilik, devam, sebat, istikrar. permanently z. sürekli olarak, daima, her zaman için.