Physical Wiki - What is the physical?
What does the word physical mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word physical in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with physical and anagrams of physical.
Definitions of "physical"
- Of or relating to the body as distinguished from the mind or spirit. See Synonyms at bodily. adjective
- Involving or characterized by vigorous bodily activity: a physical dance performance. adjective
- Slang Involving or characterized by violence: "A real cop would get physical” ( TV Guide). adjective
- Of or relating to material things: our physical environment. adjective
- Of or relating to matter and energy or the sciences dealing with them, especially physics. adjective
- A physical examination. noun
- Having to do with the body. adjective
- Having to do with the material world. adjective
- Involving bodily force. adjective
- Having to do with physics. adjective
- Physical examination. noun
- Of or pertaining to nature (as including all created existences); in accordance with the laws of nature; also, of or relating to natural or material things, or to the bodily structure, as opposed to things mental, moral, spiritual, or imaginary; material; natural adjective
- Of or pertaining to physics, or natural philosophy; treating of, or relating to, the causes and connections of natural phenomena adjective
- Perceptible through a bodily or material organization; cognizable by the senses; external. adjective
- Of or pertaining to physic, or the art of medicine; medicinal; curative; healing; also, cathartic; purgative. adjective
- Pertaining to physics or natural philosophy: as, physical science;, physical law.
- Of or pertaining to material nature; in accordance with the laws of nature; relating to what is material and perceived by the senses; specifically, pertaining to the material part or structure of an organized being, as opposed to what is mental or moral; material; bodily: as, physical force; physical strength.
- External; obvious to the senses; cognizable through a bodily or material organization: as, the physical characters of a mineral: opposed to chemical. See mechanical
- Of or pertaining to physic, or the art of curing disease or preserving health, or one who professes or practises this art; of or pertaining to a physician.
The word "physical" in example sentences
The physical instrument of his mind (his brain), and also certain associated sets of muscles, must be sufficiently exercised in the _action_ of courage to build up within him the _physical structure_ of fearlessness that will be instantly responsive to a _mental attitude_ of bravery.. [Certain Success]
In the following cases: physical defect in the married parties, desertion without communication for five years, he said, crooking a short finger covered with hair, adultery (this word he pronounced with obvious satisfaction), subdivided as follows (he continued to crook his fat fingers, though the three cases and their subdivisions could obviously not be classified together): physical defect of the husband or of the wife, adultery of the husband or of the wife.. [Chapter V. Part IV]
A third difficulty is this: The bird-metaphor is physical, but we see on reflection that in the _physical_ world there is no real compounding.. [A Pluralistic Universe Hibbert Lectures at Manchester College on the Present Situation in Philosophy]
For when morals are described as a mere physical science, founded on man's organization, his interests and passions, -- when the treatise, according to its _second_ title, is professedly an attempt to expound the _physical principles of morals_, -- and when, in pursuance of this plan, all the principles of. [Modern Atheism under its forms of Pantheism, Materialism, Secularism, Development, and Natural Laws]
Unless, therefore, a thing can exhibit properties which do not belong to it, the very admission that living matter exhibits physical properties, includes the further admission, that those _physical_ or dead properties are themselves vital in essence, really _distinct_ but in appearance only _different_; or in absolute contrast with each other.. [Hints towards the formation of a more comprehensive theory of life.]
The term physical anthropology is used in both parts of the world.. [thinking with my fingers]
Nature, or that part of nature which we term physical environment, enters into and becomes part of the life of the savage in a way and to an extent that we can hardly conceive.. [The Cliff Ruins of Canyon de Chelly, Arizona Sixteenth Annual Report of the Bureau of Ethnology to the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution, 1894-95, Government Printing Office, Washington, 1897, pages 73-198]
Praxis 3 does not even use the term physical obsolescence.. 
Dr. William Tiller, a Professor Emeritus of materials science at Stanford, believes that human consciousness can change what we call physical reality.. [Lee Schneider: Seeing is Believing and Believing is Seeing]
Even what we call physical is spiritual in essence.. [When Animals Speak]
More and more scientists are starting to lean towards the idea that consciousness conceives (UNINTELLIGIBLE) becomes what we call physical reality.. [CNN Transcript Jul 19, 2007]
First, as Rupert Sheldrake writes, if everything that exists is in a state of evolution, including evolution itself, then what we call physical laws may be in evolution too he terms them “habits” of nature.. [The G.O.D. Experiments]
And also, in a very defiant tone, North Korea said that if anyone tries to discuss the rights and wrongs of this missile test or to pressure North Korea, that North Korea would have no other choice but to apply what they called a physical -- to take other physical actions.. [CNN Transcript Jul 6, 2006]
AL-RUBAIE: To be quite honest with you, this, what I call the physical barrier around Baghdad, is already there.. [CNN Transcript Sep 17, 2006]
We repeat that the solution to the problems in found in machines -- not in what we call the physical labor of the workers.. [CDR ANNIVERSARY MEETING]
"I suppose" -- the question was forced from him by his interest in the human document she was spreading before his eyes -- "I suppose what you call the physical unpleasantness is really hard to bear?". [Afterwards]
Physical TranslatesPhysical English to Turkish Translate
s. maddi, maddeye ait; cismani, bedensel; fiziksel, fiziki, tabiat ilmine ait .physical education bedeneitimi. physical examination sıhhi muayene. physical geography fiziki coğrafya. physical sciences tabii ilimler. a physical impossibility fiziksel imkânsızlık. physical therapy fizik tedavisi. physically z. bedenen, vücutça.s. maddi, maddeye ait; cismani, bedensel; fiziksel, fiziki, tabiat ilmine ait .physical education bedeneitimi. physical examination sıhhi muayene. physical geography fiziki coğrafya. physical sciences tabii ilimler. a physical impossibility fiziksel imkânsızlık. physical therapy fizik tedavisi. physically z. bedenen, vücutça.