Plan Wiki - What is the plan?
What does the word plan mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word plan in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with plan and anagrams of plan.
Definitions of "plan"
- An orderly or step-by-step conception or proposal for accomplishing an objective. noun
- A proposed or intended course of action. noun
- A systematic arrangement of elements or important parts; a configuration or outline. noun
- A drawing or diagram made to scale showing the structure or arrangement of something. noun
- In perspective rendering, one of several imaginary planes perpendicular to the line of vision between the viewer and the object being depicted. noun
- A program or policy stipulating a service or benefit. noun
- To formulate a scheme or program for the accomplishment, enactment, or attainment of. intransitive verb
- To have as a specific aim or purpose; intend. intransitive verb
- To draw or make a graphic representation of. intransitive verb
- To make plans. intransitive verb
- To lay down on paper the different parts, divisions, dimensions, and methods of construction of (a machine, ship, building, etc.): as, to
- To scheme; lay plans for; devise ways and means for: as, to
planthe conquest of a country; to plan one's escape.
- Synonyms To figure, sketch out, delineate.
- The representation of anything drawn on a plane, as a map or chart; specifically, the representation of a building or other structure in horizontal section, as it stands or is intended to stand on the ground, showing its extent, and the division and distribution of its area into apartments, rooms, passages, etc., or its method of construction and the relation of its parts. noun
- Disposition of parts according to a certain design. noun
- A formulated scheme for the accomplishment of some object or the attainment of an end; the various steps which have been thought out and decided upon for the carrying out of some project or operation. noun
- A method or process; a way; a custom. noun
- A type of structure: as, man is the highest development of the vertebrate plan; the plan of a mollusk or an insect. noun
- In Ireland, a system of procedure formed in 1886 and supported by the National League. The officers of the League, acting as trustees, receive the rent of tenants on rack-rented estates; this money, less a certain abatement demanded by the tenants, is offered to the landlord; if the latter refuses it, it is used for support in cases of eviction. noun