Plus Wiki - What is the plus?
What does the word plus mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word plus in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with plus and anagrams of plus.
Definitions of "plus"
- Increased by the addition of. conjunction
- Added to; along with. conjunction
- And. conjunction
- Positive or on the positive part of a scale. adjective
- Added or extra. adjective
- Increased to a further degree or number. adjective
- Ranking on the higher end of a designated scale. adjective
- Positive. adjective
- Plus-size. adjective
- The plus sign (+). noun
- A positive quantity. noun
- A favorable condition or factor. noun
- More (by a certain amount); increased (by a specified addition): followed by a noun as an apparent object (a preposition, by, to be supplied): as, the interest plus the disbursements amounts to so much; 6 plus 9 is 15: in this and the next two uses correlative to minus.
- More than nothing; belonging to the positive side, as of an account; above zero, or above the lowest point of positive reckoning: as, a plus quantity in an equation (that is, one having the plus sign, or when initial having no sign, before it).
- Marking more than zero; positive: as, the plus sign.
- In etymology, in composition with; with the addition of (the word or element following): expressed, as in mathematics, by the sign + (see the etymologies in this work). The same sign is occasionally used to indicate cognate or related forms
- More, required to be added; positive, as distinguished from negative; -- opposed to
- Hence, in a literary sense, additional; real; actual. adjective
- the sign (+) which denotes addition, or a positive quantity. adjective