Preliminary Wiki - What is the preliminary?
Preliminary Preliminary internships Preliminary English Test Preliminary finals Preliminary hearing Preliminary Notice.
What does the word preliminary mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word preliminary in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with preliminary and anagrams of preliminary.
Definitions of "preliminary"
- Prior to or preparing for the main matter, action, or business; introductory or prefatory. adjective
- Something that precedes, prepares for, or introduces the main matter, action, or business. noun
- An academic test or examination that is preparatory to one that is longer, more complex, or more important. noun
- Sports A contest to determine the finalists in a competition. noun
- Sports An event that precedes the main event of a particular program, especially in boxing or wrestling. noun
- Printing The front matter of a book. Often used in the plural. noun
- in preparation for the main matter; initial, introductory, preparatory adjective
- A preparation for a main matter; an introduction noun
- Any of a series of sports events that determine the finalists noun
- A relatively minor contest that precedes a major one, especially in boxing noun
- Introductory; previous; preceding the main discourse or business; prefatory adjective
- That which precedes the main discourse, work, design, or business; something introductory or preparatory noun
- Preceding and leading up to something more important; introductory; preparatory; prefatory.
- Something which introduces or leads up to following matter or events; an introductory or preparatory statement, measure, action, etc.; a preface; a prelude. noun
- plural In college use, tests in certain elementary subjects previous to the final examinations for entrance. noun
- denoting an action or event preceding or in preparation for something more important; designed to orient or acquaint with a situation before proceeding adjective
- a minor match preceding the main event noun
- something that serves as a preceding event or introduces what follows noun
The word "preliminary" in example sentences
"This smells to high holy heaven, because when you look at the Illinois report, nowhere was the word preliminary ever used," Weiss said, noting that the fusion center - which is composed of Illinois state police, as well as representatives from the FBI and DHS - distributed the report to other critical infrastructure facilities in that state.. [Wired Top Stories]
White House Press Secretary Tony Snow told reporters earlier this morning that there haven't been any run-throughs just yet, but certainly the president has had time to review what he called preliminary drafts.. [CNN Transcript Jan 8, 2007]
FEMA has mobilized what they call preliminary disaster assessment teams, those who are going down to Florida from places like Georgia.. [CNN Transcript Feb 2, 2007]
It looks like -- the FBI, they have what they call a preliminary inquiry open right now.. [CNN Transcript Oct 5, 2006]
Certainly, if the charges are confirmed, there will have to be what we call preliminary issues discussed, but certainly it goes without saying that all those that are involved in the trial process must attend the client and accept instructions.. [CNN Transcript Jul 17, 2005]
MISSIRI: Well, within the first 12 hours, actually, we launched what we call a preliminary appeal.. [CNN Transcript Dec 27, 2004]
I articulated the same sentiment to a Ms Jessica Law, the CAFCASS reporter, who visited me at home for what she described as a preliminary interview.. [A Special Relationship]
Well, after some nudging from members of Congress, most notably Senator Jay Rockefeller, the FBI is now conducting what they call a preliminary inquiry into the forged documents.. [CNN Transcript Jul 16, 2003]
Announcing what it called preliminary results of the Aug. 17-27 census, the radio said the population in the last census 10 years ago was 10.4 million people, when the population growth rate was. [ANC Daily News Briefing]
This is only what they call preliminary overtures.. [This Freedom]
By the time that the ship was moored luncheon was on the table; and at the conclusion of the meal Sir Reginald Elphinstone, Colonel Lethbridge, the professor, and Colonel Sziszkinski took their rifles and left the ship upon what they termed a preliminary exploration of the forest in their immediate vicinity.. [With Airship and Submarine A Tale of Adventure]
But the New York-based Center for Constitutional Rights and the European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights issued what they called a preliminary "indictment" to prosecute Bush abroad for the alleged torture of terrorism suspects in U.S. custody.. [Reuters: Top News]
Two rights groups issued what they called a preliminary indictment against former President. [NYT > Home Page]
In what they called a "preliminary" study, the researchers showed 23 children age 5 to 12 in attendance at a summer camp in Ithaca, N.Y. 48 different combinations of food on plates, asking them which were their favorites.. [The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com]
Based on what it calls a preliminary investigation of the incident, the Israeli military has said its forces came under fire from Palestinian militants located in the building occupied by Abu al-Aish and his family.. [Thestar.com - Home Page]
Based upon what he referred to as preliminary interviews, Lucas offered the following summary of what occurred:. [The Oak Ridger Home RSS]
Preliminary TranslatesPreliminary English to Turkish Translate
s., i. başlangıç olan, hazırlayıcı, ilk, ön; i., çoğ. başlangıç, ön hazırlık; eleme maçı; üniversitede ön sınav, yeterlik sınavı.s., i. başlangıç olan, hazırlayıcı, ilk, ön; i., çoğ. başlangıç, ön hazırlık; eleme maçı; üniversitede ön sınav, yeterlik sınavı.