Prompt Wiki - What is the prompt?
What does the word prompt mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word prompt in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with prompt and anagrams of prompt.
Definitions of "prompt"
- Being on time; punctual. adjective
- Carried out or performed without delay. adjective
- To move to act; spur; incite. transitive verb
- To give rise to; inspire. transitive verb
- To assist with a reminder; remind. transitive verb
- To assist (an actor or reciter) by providing the next words of a forgotten passage; cue. transitive verb
- The act of prompting or giving a cue. noun
- A reminder or cue. noun
- A symbol that appears on a monitor to indicate that the computer is ready to receive input. noun
- In com., a limit of time given for payment for merchandise purchased, the limit being stated on a note of reminder called a prompt-note. noun
- Information suggested or prompted. noun
- Ready; quick to act as occasion demands; acting with cheerful alacrity; ready and willing: as, prompt in obedience or compliance.
- Given or performed without delay; quick; ready; not delayed.
- Hasty; forward; abrupt.
- Inclined or disposed.
- Synonyms Early, timely, punctual.
- To move or excite to action; incite; instigate.
- To assist (a learner or speaker) by suggesting something forgotten or imperfectly learned or known, or by pronouncing the words next in order: as, to
prompta pupil; to prompt an actor.