Prospectus Wiki - What is the prospectus?
What does the word prospectus mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word prospectus in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with prospectus and anagrams of prospectus.
Definitions of "prospectus"
- A formal summary of a proposed venture or project. noun
- A document describing the chief features of something, such as a business, an educational program, or especially a stock offering or mutual fund, for prospective buyers, investors, or participants. noun
- A document, distributed to prospective members, investors, buyers, or participants, which describes an institution (such as a university), a publication, or a business and what it has to offer. noun
- A document which describes a proposed endeavor (venture, undertaking), such as a literary work (which one proposes to write). noun
- A summary, plan, or scheme of something proposed, affording a prospect of its nature; especially, an exposition of the scheme of an unpublished literary work. noun
- A printed sketch or plan issued for the purpose of making known the chief features of some proposed enterprise. noun
- a catalog listing the courses offered by a college or university noun
- a formal written offer to sell securities (filed with the SEC) that sets forth a plan for a (proposed) business enterprise noun
The word "prospectus" in example sentences
Average time from receipt to acceptance of a prospectus is about 21 days while the S.E.C. averages 76.. [Securities in Ontario: The Role of the Commission]
A prospectus is kind of like a mongo personal statement/teaching philosophy/research statement/where do I see myself in ten years sort of thing, all in 10 pages or less.. [2009 September 02 « This is what a computer scientist looks like]
Since I had a rather lengthy pre-tenure sabbatical, one of the things I have to discuss in my prospectus is how I spent this sabbatical time and how it helped my research.. [2009 September 02 « This is what a computer scientist looks like]
Another issue highlighted by the prospectus was the bank's heavy reliance on short-term funding.. [In Spanish, Bankia Starts Wooing IPO Investors]
Buried toward the end of the prospectus is a warning by Bankia that U.K. insurer Aviva PLC is taking it to a Madrid arbitrage court over a €944 million claim by the insurer following a dispute over a joint venture to sell insurance through bank branches.. [In Spanish, Bankia Starts Wooing IPO Investors]
A prospectus is a legally binding contract between the fund itself and the fundholder.. [Digging Deeper: The Mutual Fund Prospectus]
Making a prospectus is a process of creating a balanced piece within a small limited format while evoking that of the original work it seeks to describe.. [Portland Book Events: June 26-July 2 - Reading Local: Portland]
The Securities and Exchange Commission has been working to streamline a mutual fund's basic offering document, known as a prospectus, which includes much information investors need.. [Deciphering a Prospectus]
Please submit a short 1,500-word prospectus of your proposed topic to [email protected] by August 28, 2006, with the subject heading “ALC Submission.”. [The Duke Law Journal announces a food law symposium]
A prospectus is a booklet that will identify and discuss everything from the fund's objectives and its past performance to a description of the fund manager and the fees associated with the fund.. [Mutual Funds 101]
The first sentence of the prospectus is the most crafted sentence in the document.. [Business, Law, Economics & Society]
The prospectus is a foundation document that marks a point in the life of the company.. [HIGH TECH START UP]
The Government or municipality invites subscriptions through a bank or through some great financial house, which publishes what is called a prospectus by circular, and in the papers, giving the terms and details of the loan.. [International Finance]
A so-called prospectus issued by a syndicate, inviting the public to subscribe for a "preliminary survey" for a Franco-American line, came under my notice the other day.. [From Paris to New York by Land]
In what may be called the prospectus of the Malgamite scheme it was stated that this great charity was inaugurated for the purpose of relieving the distress of the malgamiters -- one of the industrial scandals of the day -- by enabling these afflicted men to make their deadly product at a cheaper rate and without danger to themselves.. [Roden's Corner]
For a listing of factors that may materially affect such forward-looking statements, please refer to the prospectus that is contained in our registration statement on Form S-1 File No. 333-169618 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission..