Quickness Wiki - What is the quickness?
Quickness is the fourth full-length studio album by hardcore punk pioneers Bad Brains. At the time of its release, it was the best selling Bad Brains album and also featured an MTV video for the lead-off track "Soul Craft" directed by Paul Rachman who later went on to produce and direct the feature documentary American Hardcore. Drummer Earl Hudson, though pictured on the cover, does not play on the record, as drum parts were instead performed by Mackie Jayson of the Cro-Mags. In an interview with MTV, guitarist Dr. Know said that the album's title comes from urgency and swiftness. The album was a crossover release that contained elements of several genres, including funk, hip hop, heavy metal, punk, and reggae, which made a notable return after being absent from 1986's I Against I. It is also the band's most controversial release, containing lyrics that some claim were homophobic. More specifically, the song "Don't Blow Bubbles" had lyrics that were generally interpreted as being homophobic and suggesting that AIDS was God's cure for homosexuality. When asked about the song, guitarist Dr. Know said that "We wrote that song as kind of an angry warning to homosexuals. We didn't really mean to insult them, but a lot of people we knew seemed to be living with their eyes closed." In a 2007 interview where bassist Darryl Jenifer called their previous homophobic views "ignorant", he was asked about the song and the furor over the lyrics and replied "They don't understand that we've grown. Just like anyone, I'm not ashamed to say, 'Maybe I could have been…' Damn right, I was a homophobe! I shouldn't have to explain that to the world because everyone will do that. That's wisdom. You have to grow to be wise.".
What does the word quickness mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word quickness in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with quickness and anagrams of quickness.
Definitions of "quickness"
- rapidity of movement or activity; agility or dexterity noun
- The condition or quality of being quick or living; life. noun
- Activity; briskness; especially, rapidity of motion; speed; celerity. noun
- Acuteness of perception; keen sensibility. noun
- Sharpness; pungency of taste. noun
- The state of being quick or alive; vital power or principle. noun
- Speed; velocity; celerity; rapidity: as, the quickness of motion. noun
- Activity; briskness; promptness; readiness: as, the quickness of the imagination or wit. noun
- Acuteness; keenness; alertness. noun
- Sharpness; pungency; keenness. noun
- Synonyms Quickness, Fastness, Speed, Celerity, Swiftness, Fleetness, Rapidity, Velocity, haste, expedition, despatch, alertness, liveliness. Quickness is the generic term. Quickness, fastness, speed, and rapidity may have relation to time only, or to space passed through or over; the others apply only to space. “Swift to hear,” in Jas. i. 19, is a bold figure. Celerity is swift voluntary movement; but we do not ordinarily speak of the movements of an animal as having celerity. Fleetness also is voluntary, and is applied to animals; we may speak by figure of the fleetness of a yacht. The word suggests quickness in getting over the ground by the use of the feet: we speak of the swiftness or rapidity of the swallow's or the pigeon's flight; the fleetness of Atalanta, a hound, a deer. Swiftness is presumably not too great for carefulness or thoroughness; rapidity may be too great for either. Velocity is the attribute of matter in motion; the word is especially a technical term for the rate of movement of matter, whether fast or slow. We speak also of the velocity of sound or light. Rapidity has less suggestion of personality than any of the others, except velocity. See nimble. noun
- Dexterity, adroitness, expertness, facility, knack. noun
- Penetration. noun
- intelligence as revealed by an ability to give correct responses without delay noun
- skillful performance or ability without difficulty noun
- a rate that is rapid noun
The word "quickness" in example sentences
"His quickness is very much good enough to do what we want to do defensively," Brown said.. [Darnell Carter 'becoming a big part' of Virginia defense]
[John Wall's] quickness is the kind that embarrasses defenders and that allows him to cover ground like few players in the league.. [John Wall makes like Darrell Green]
There's no debate McCoy, compared to Warren Sapp because of his quickness, is a great fit for the rebuilding Bucs defense.. [NFL draft grades: Raiders finally have a reason to believe]
The moment that followed was like the scream heard round the stables: piercing in quickness and surreal in scope.. [cravacher - French Word-A-Day]
Asked about Bosh before the game, Bucks coach Larry Krystowiak said the Toronto forward's combination of size and quickness is ` ` not ordinary. ''. [USATODAY.com]
Milicic has solid quickness, is tough and is fundamentally sound.. [USATODAY.com]
Has good leg strength and adequate quickness from the snap to the kick .... [USATODAY.com]
Lunge-and-grab tackler who despite his quickness, is better covering in the short area than on deep routes .... [USATODAY.com]
Dynamic pass rusher with long arms, tight waist and the frame with the ability to add more bulk (270-pound capacity) with no drop-off in quickness .... [USATODAY.com]
His quickness is deceptive not because he is white, but because he is a large player.. [Replaying Race | PopPolitics.com]
Physical pass rusher with the potential to add more bulk to his frame without any drop-off in quickness .... [USATODAY.com]
Has good muscle tone, broad shoulders, tapered thighs and calves and room to add more bulk with no loss in quickness .... [USATODAY.com]
Tall, mobile passer with a developing frame that can carry additional bulk with no loss in quickness .... [USATODAY.com]
Has a frame that can add more bulk with no drop-off in quickness .... [USATODAY.com]
Broad-shouldered with well-developed calves and the frame that can add additional weight with no drop-off in quickness .... [USATODAY.com]
Has experience at guard and tackle, but despite his quickness, is better suited inside, as he seems to hesitate when asked to chip block and cover the edge (defenders can get by him with a forceful rip-&-swim move due to his penchant for playing on his toes, causing balancing problems).. [USATODAY.com]
Quickness TranslatesQuickness English to Turkish Translate
Quickness turkish translate not found!