Quiet Wiki - What is the quiet?
What does the word quiet mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word quiet in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with quiet and anagrams of quiet.
Definitions of "quiet"
- Making or characterized by little or no noise. adjective
- Free of turmoil and agitation; calm. adjective
- Providing or allowing relaxation; restful; soothing. adjective
- Not showy or bright; subdued. adjective
- Restrained, as in style; understated. adjective
- Out of public scrutiny; known or discussed by few. adjective
- The quality or condition of being quiet. noun
- To cause to become quiet. intransitive verb
- To make (a title) secure by freeing from uncertainties or adverse claims as to the ownership. intransitive verb
- To become quiet. intransitive verb
- Rest; repose; stillness. noun
- An undisturbed condition; tranquillity; peace; repose. noun
- An undisturbed state of mind; peace of soul; patience; calmness. noun
- Synonyms Repose, Tranquillity, etc. See
- To bring to a state of rest; stop.
- To make or cause to be quiet; calm; appease; pacify; lull; allay; tranquillize: as, to
quietthe soul when it is agitated; to quiet the clamors of a nation; to quiet the disorders of a city.
- Synonyms To compose, soothe, sober; to still, silence, hush.
- To become quiet or still; abate: as, the sea quieted.